fullnelson

How many NCAAs have you attended

We do this every year, but it's always interesting to see the people who have been to many Championships.

I went to my first NCAA as a young D-1 coach, 27, at Princeton in 1975 and haven't missed one since. so this year will

be #43, in a row.

Edited by fullnelson

I have been to 14 of the last 16. Missed one for my 1st sons birth (March 14th) and last year in NY.

Similar for me - this will be my 15th. First went in 1999 at PSU as a birthday gift for my dad, Then every year from 2003-2017, but 2009.

Had tickets for 2009 but my daughter's due date was the opening day of the tourney. Two weeks prior, the OB said we'd induce a week early. Wifey wasn't too happy when I (jokingly) suggested that I could go to NCAA since my daughter would arrive a week early. Some people have no sense of humor.

Edited by lu_alum

A man and his wife had attended every NCAA wrestling tournament together during their married life --  a total of 53!

One year, as was bound to happen to one of them,  his wife passed.   As he already had matside tickets, he decided to attend the tournament anyway.

During the 157  pound match, his neighbor politely asked him why there was an open seat.  The gentleman explained the attendance history and his unfortunate loss.

"Why didn't you bring a friend or family member?", the neighbor asked.

The gentleman replied "They couldn't come, they are all at the funeral."

I have only been to 1. But, it was 2002 in Albany NY. I got to see Cale win his 4th title. Being an ex Long Islander it was the only time it had been close. Of course when it was in the Garden I'm living down south in Myrtle Beach.

I have only been to 1. But, it was 2002 in Albany NY. I got to see Cale win his 4th title. Being an ex Long Islander it was the only time it had been close. Of course when it was in the Garden I'm living down south in Myrtle Beach.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAMiAAAAJGVlYTU5Y2YyLWQwMzYt