DiploSport

Calling out Jason Bryant...

...for having an fascinating background story and for being a good dude.  If you're making the pilgrimage to St. Louis this week, we think it would be great prep to listen to our interview with the in-arena announcer for the upcoming NCAA Division I National Championships.

Jason's got a great story about entrepreneurism through wrestling with some interesting twists and turns on his way to the pinnacle of the sport -- whether the Rio Olympics or MSG and St. Louis (with some fun side trips to Fargo and Baku along the way).

Here are the links: 

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/diplosport/diplosport-podcast-129-jason-bryant

iTunes: apple.co/2bnO1ro

Feedback always welcome.  And if you haven't done so, BUY THE GUIDE: http://www.mattalkonline.com/2017-ncaa-division-i-wrestling-championship-fan-guide/

Edited by DiploSport

If you're already a subscriber to Jason's Mat Talk Podcast Network, he's now posted the interview on his network.  I can't find it on his website, but it shows up in my podcatcher app.

I've not listened to it yet, but it's in the queue.  

Jason,  I know you're busy working on "the guide" but thanks for what you do . . . all of it.

Thanks,

Phill

JB,

When I get on mattalkonline the overlay for the daily wrestling news is prohibiting me from listening to the podcasts because it is off center and I can't close it. Is this a tactic to get folks to sign up or is this an error of some kind? TIA.

Browser or phone? It's the second time I've heard about this happening today, which is extremely odd, since I've had the hello bar slide-in box on the site for years and this has never actually been an issue. If you let me know what environment you're trying to view, I'll check into it. 

Well the last thing I want to do is annoy people coming to the site (any more than they might already be). Might be time for HelloBar to bite the dust. I don't engage in online tactics that force people to sign up for things and I don't do those "before you go!" type of pop-ups. The slider is really only intended for people who haven't been to the site that often. It turns itself off after a few visits, but since I have a form on the main page as it is, probably time to 86 it.