Sign in to follow this  
Eagle26

Pitt coach

and Pico vs all after, right?

Nope - I'm working on a Super Match with 1972 Dan Gable in freestyle. Need to get my hot tub time machine tuned up and I plan to make the trip back this weekend to talk to Dan about it.

GuyuteThePig

HTP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My understand is that Hahn is the coach in waiting at Cornell. Much like Guerrero at Okie State. Unlikely to leave.

I was told that Hahn wanted the Iowa State job.  He was probably my 2nd choice behind Dresser

Id love to get Hahn or Bono.  I think they command enough respect that they'd also be able to bring in some great assistants (assuming the money is there, and I would think that neither would agree to come if there wasnt sufficient money for assistants).

My understanding is that both are to be in tahn (thats a little yinzer speak for you boys) tomorrow.

Would think both are going to want additional support from the AD than just money.

Well, of course.  That goes without saying and has been stated ad nauseam in this thread.  I think the order of importance is head coach salary (to draw a top HC), assistant coach salaries (again, to draw top assistants), then facilities.  All this talk about how bad they are - they really arent THAT bad.  The room isnt great - but it works and isnt a disgrace.  Their weight room is perfectly fine - its weights - you lift them and get stronger.  There is NO proof out there that nicer wrestling rooms and weight rooms make wrestlers learn better, get better and get stronger.  Yes - they help get recruits, but so do great coaches.

I guess what I was saying is Bono as all sorts of support at SDSU and Hahn is in a great spot at Cornell.  Neither would move without the AD support unless Hahn just wants his own program.

Now somebody like the Paulsons, Angel, Simmons or another assistant that is not at a top program might that the job just for the chance to have a job or run their own program.

Will be interesting who they hire.  Wasn't this the 1st job open in 2017?

Edited by buf87

I guess what I was saying is Bono as all sorts of support at SDSU and Hahn is in a great spot at Cornell.  Neither would move without the AD support unless Hahn just wants his own program.

Now somebody like the Paulsons, Angel, Simmons or another assistant that is not at a top program might that the job just for the chance to have a job or run their own program.

Will be interesting who they hire.  Wasn't this the 1st job open in 2017?

No. Davidson came open prior to Christmas.

I guess what I was saying is Bono as all sorts of support at SDSU and Hahn is in a great spot at Cornell. Neither would move without the AD support unless Hahn just wants his own program.

Will be interesting who they hire. Wasn't this the 1st job open in 2017?

No. I recall there being another job open up around the holidays. And technically, the Pitt job wasn't "open" in January - they immediately named co-interim-HCs. B/c we didn't have an AD - and the focus was to find an AD - they didn't really start looking until about 2 weeks ago. There was a committee putting together recommendations prior to hiring the new AD, but the timing was all thrown off when she was hired.

GuyuteThePig

HTP

Seems like it. Bono said no today. He list is getting shorter and shorter.

GuyuteThePig

HTP

Saw on FRL that prior to the new AD, Santoro was all but signed on the dotted line. Then she came in and squashed that thinking she could beg Roselli to come. Now it's a complete mess. I officially hate her.

Saw on FRL that prior to the new AD, Santoro was all but signed on the dotted line. Then she came in and squashed that thinking she could beg Roselli to come. Now it's a complete mess. I officially hate her.

Signed by who?

That sounds like conjecture to me.

Signed by who?

That sounds like conjecture to me.

Could be pure conjecture. I have no first hand info, just relaying what was said on FRL. I didn't say anybody signed anything, I just said "all but signed on the dotted line", meaning it was probably gonna be a done deal before she came along.

Could be pure conjecture. I have no first hand info, just relaying what was said on FRL. I didn't say anybody signed anything, I just said "all but signed on the dotted line", meaning it was probably gonna be a done deal before she came along.

I knew you were just repeating what you heard but I am really perplexed by statements like the one you cited from Flo. 

I have heard Pitt fans throwing out big numbers on salary but everything I have heard is that no salary increase was established prior to the hiring of the AD and that that AD would be the one doing the hiring which was why they continued the season with the co-interim coaches.

Heather Lyke did a very good job at Ohio State and understands wrestling.  The problem is the timing.  She would probably be better off promoting the assistants for a year and finding the right candidate.  It's a bit surprising she hasn't reached out to J. Jaggers.  I have no idea if he's interested but he is certainly someone who is clearly dmn good at his job and with whom she is familiar.  

I knew you were just repeating what you heard but I am really perplexed by statements like the one you cited from Flo. 

I have heard Pitt fans throwing out big numbers on salary but everything I have heard is that no salary increase was established prior to the hiring of the AD and that that AD would be the one doing the hiring which was why they continued the season with the co-interim coaches.

I'm just grasping for any info I can get at this point. It's very frustrating.

I'm just grasping for any info I can get at this point. It's very frustrating.

Yeah, I understand that.  I was anxious for an announcement last Friday when they called a team meeting just to year that it was a meeting for no announcement.