Sign in to follow this  
Eagle26

Pitt coach

Have Herbert leapfrog them and they will mentor him?

Don't have to be the most knowledgeable person to be a great leader. Build a team of strong people around you and point them in the right direction.

Herbert gives the program instant WPIAL cred.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by lu_alum

On Herbert - first have to say I'd love to have him. The question was why would he not be a candidate - and I was just positing that maybe b/c he has no head coaching experience (at the NCAA level) this was the reason he's not been/being considered.

I'm worried that they will just keep headlee/kocher - I'm not sure either of them is the answer. Not that I dislike either, but I don't think they don't bring the "pop" needed (or that I'd like to see).

Yesterday would have been a great opportunity to bring coaches in to meet - hosting the PWC is great for he school - wed to capitalize on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does he have any college coaching experience at all?

I don't believe so - I don't think he was ever on a staff while training for he world teams, right?

If I had to put money down, I see Santoro making his way to the PA Turnpike and heading to the western part of the state.

I still think that's a WAY long shot - but I have no basis for that other than my gut.

Edit: I think that long shot is becoming more a medium-length shot in my mind.

Edited by Jasonmitchell32

I would most want to be coached by Hrovat or Herbert or flynn, but if I was an admin I would want to hire the guy with proven track of success at a university that prioritizes academics. I think that puts Santoro ahead of flynn and brands and many other potential candidates. although with Herberts degree from northwestern and his time at Michigan I'm sure he can argue he knows what it takes be successful at both.

I don't believe so - I don't think he was ever on a staff while training for he world teams, right?

I still think that's a WAY long shot - but I have no basis for that other than my gut.

Edit: I think that long shot is becoming more a medium-length shot in my mind.

The basis for my gamble is that a relentless and tiresome alumni donor-base who are on top of your every decision would drive someone out to a place that they could have just as much success.