Sign in to follow this  
lu_alum

2018 Tickets on Sale

Let me be the first to say...NCAA sucks when it comes to ticket sales to the general public.  Unless you have some type of connection to a school, wrestling organization, the arena, whatever - there's just about zero chance of ordering tickets in lower level.  

The fact that I was online and ordering at exactly 10am and got crap upper level seats says it all.

If you want decent seats you have a few options

1. Wait until you get there and someone is selling them

2. Join the NWCA or a booster club of teams like Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa, etc.

3. Buy your nosebleeds then scope out some unused seats in the lower bowl and sit there until someone tells you to leave.

If you want decent seats you have a few options

1. Wait until you get there and someone is selling them

2. Join the NWCA or a booster club of teams like Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa, etc.

3. Buy your nosebleeds then scope out some unused seats in the lower bowl and sit there until someone tells you to leave.

being a member of some booster clubs still does not help

BobDole - been doing option #3 for the past 15 years.  I don't think I ever sat in my original seats for the entire tournament.

I tried option #2 several years back when they were in Omaha (joined Nebraska's booster club) and my seats were so bad I could almost touch the ceiling of the arena. 

But even if you join a club for one of the premier teams, their allocated seats are in the corners and end zones. It is my belief that the NCAA is holding the premier seats to be bundled with their "Fan Experience" packages. Of course these are offered at a premium price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But even if you join a club for one of the premier teams, their allocated seats are in the corners and end zones. It is my belief that the NCAA is holding the premier seats to be bundled with their "Fan Experience" packages. Of course these are offered at a premium price.

so for the price of minimum price of $635 for the cheapest Fan Experience package you get a ticket and entrance to the fan experience.  What exactly do you get for the extra $400?  I lower level seat and a couple of "free" drinks and sandwiches? 

so for the price of minimum price of $635 for the cheapest Fan Experience package you get a ticket and entrance to the fan experience. What exactly do you get for the extra $400? I lower level seat and a couple of "free" drinks and sandwiches?

Also a $200 "Lower Level Upgrade" fee. Brings the total to $835, with no Sec-Row-Seat identified.

The only "fan experience" packages I saw (for this year and next) only had upper bowl seats. I'd pay an extra $400 to guarantee lower level, center section seats for all sessions and not have to deal with the ticket broker/scalper process every round.

For future reference, how does one go about doing this? Is it by joining the NWCA?

The only "fan experience" packages I saw (for this year and next) only had upper bowl seats. I'd pay an extra $400 to guarantee lower level, center section seats for all sessions and not have to deal with the ticket broker/scalper process every round.

For future reference, how does one go about doing this? Is it by joining the NWCA?

Follow through the purchase process. You will see an Upgrade option. Only thing I don't like about it is not having a seat assigned at the point of sale. Would hate to get stuck in a lower level end zone.

Anyone have experience using this option? How are seats assigned?

Edited by lu_alum