Sign in to follow this  
Perry

Gable Stevenson commitment

Supposed to happen on flo radio live which I believe was supposed to air today at some time. Anyone have details on what time it will/may be?

As for guesses I think he will go Minnesota and stay in his home state.

Gotta be Minnesota given the timing.  He's announcing DURING NCAA's where he'll be attending with the Minnesota contingent to watch his brother, who's on the Minnesota team.  I can't imagine him committing anywhere else in this scenario.  He's going to be sitting with the Minnesota fans!  Is he just going to saunter over wearing Iowa gear or Penn State gear?  I can't imagine it.

It's going to be Minny for the reason Vak gave, but tOSU has to be so tempting. There is no more ideal way to spend college than being coached by the last Olympian at his target senior weight and rolling with Snyder every day in the room. My brain says Mknmy but my patriotic heart hopes he'll do the right thing and choose tOSU.

It's going to be Minny for the reason Vak gave, but tOSU has to be so tempting. There is no more ideal way to spend college than being coached by the last Olympian at his target senior weight and rolling with Snyder every day in the room. My brain says Mknmy but my patriotic heart hopes he'll do the right thing and choose tOSU.

Sorry for the bad news, but Ohio State is not even in the running. He announced his top four this week and they are Iowa, Minnesota, Penn State and Okie State. 

My take...

Iowa doesn't seem like a logical choice. They don't have many big guys who would really push him to get better. 

Same goes for OKST. Guerrero is small. Smith is small. Esposito was a middle weight. Perry was a 174lber. 

Minnesota has the home field advantage. His brother goes there and I know they're really close. But for training partners, he'd have Nelson and that's about it. How far is Gable really behind Nelson at this point and how far can he push him to get to that next level? Obviously, Tony was a great wrestler and he can definitely help push him but he doesn't have the international pedigree. Eggum was an upper weight but still quite a bit smaller than Gable. Kroells? A very good wrestler but not someone who is going to push Gable to the next level. It seems like that's where he'll end up at this point and I don't think it would be best for him especially with the current state of the program. 

Penn State has Varner and Cael who would be great partners plus at least 2 years training with Nevills. Would be a good choice. 

Even though they aren't in the running, Ohio State would be a logical choice as well as he'd get to work with Snyder and Tervel every day. 

At this point, I think it's like 80/20 Minny over Penn State. I don't think OK State or Iowa are really in the running. Would love to see him in Blue and White but I don't think it looks like that's how it will end up. 

Tony Nelson is currently ranked number 3 at 125 kilos by USAW. He is ok and I think he could maybe hang with Gable.

Never said nor even implied he couldn't. I explicitly stated he's a great wrestler. But he's basically the only person there who would push him. 

It's a far cry from maybe hang with Gable to pushes him to be as good a wrestler as he can be. Tony Nelson and Pfarr verses Snyder, Tervel and Singletary. Doesn't seem real close in my book. Also, I had heard that Gable and Roman Bravo Young were very tight. But you guys are right. It doesn't seem likely he would be sitting with Minnesota fans and then announce for somebody else