lu_alum

You're a LIAR, Cael

I just hope the best for Suriano in the future. Sucks for him. Im sure he is disappointed. And as for Cael, he is doing his job as head coach. Which is doing the best for his team and his wrestlers. I just dont understand the hate?

First, he straight-up sabotages an earnest attempt to create a true national dual championship. 

Now, he totally blows-up the 125 bracket before the tourney even begins.  A move that helps preserve his team's chances to defend their title.

You're doing a real good job of helping to grow the sport, Carl.

Get it all out. Purge the hate.

Nothing about this entire situation is unfair to the #34 guy. He could have been the #1 guy if he wrestled well enough. As for your other points, I'd have to really take the thread off course to respond to the alleged unfair treatment of the #4-#16 seeds and Piccinini. Anyway, I'm getting ready to leave soon for the tournament. No time for debate!

This thread is all about Cruz not getting to back into the #3 seed, plain and simple.

All of a sudden I may find Gilman's post bonus face mush amusing. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Suriano got the bad luck of getting hurt. Piccinini and Cruz got the bad luck of probably not making the finals because Suriano got hurt and Cael pulled this stunt. This isn't fair to anyone involved, but it's probably less fair to the kids who got screwed not by a chance injury, but rather because of Cael's ridiculous deception. 

I tend to believe that Suriano over-estimated his recovery from a sprained ankle, and it was re-injured today during practice.

The alternative, it it ever comes out that the ankle was broken, or damaged so bad there was no chance, will be really bad for Cael's credibility.  And he knows that.  There are some coaches whom I think would try to game the system like that, but haven't seen it from Sanderson.

As an OSU fan, would much rather have Picc as #7, but hopefully it is the former scenario.  Sucks for Suriano, though.

#7 or #8, Piccininni wouldn't be projected to make the semis and tOSU's guy is unranked so this is really a non issue from a team race perspective. 

Only explanation is that Cael has a grudge against Cruz? Well that or he actually wanted to keep his options open and hope for the best. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

#7 or #8, Piccininni wouldn't be projected to make the semis and tOSU's guy is unranked so this is really a non issue from a team race perspective. 

Only explanation is that Cael has a grudge against Cruz? Well that or he actually wanted to keep his options open and hope for the best. 

Even you don't believe this post.  There is no way you think being #7 or #8 in this bracket is the same. 

Stop making stuff up to defend Cael for something he absolutely 100% doesn't need to be defended for.  

First, he straight-up sabotages an earnest attempt to create a true national dual championship.

Now, he totally blows-up the 125 bracket before the tourney even begins. A move that helps preserve his team's chances to defend their title.

You're doing a real good job of helping to grow the sport, Carl.

The move will help Picc. Just watch. He'll lose to JRod and breeze through the consis

Come on, F-T, it can't possibly be that simple. There MUST be a conspiracy in here somewhere.

Even you don't believe this post.  There is no way you think being #7 or #8 in this bracket is the same. 

Stop making stuff up to defend Cael for something he absolutely 100% doesn't need to be defended for.  

You need to get a grip and stop acting like he was one of the top guys at the weight. Picc would be a big underdog to Dance as well.  He got majored by Lizak and lost to guys like Baughman, Russell (twice) and Townsell. Either way he was getting kicked to the backside in the Quarters. Quite frankly, I don't know how he ended up as an 8 seed with that resume. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

You need to get a grip here and stop acting like he was one of the top guys at the weight. Picc would be a big underdog to Dance as well.  He got majored by Lizak and lost to guys like Baughman and Russell. Either way he was getting kicked to the backside in the Quarters.

sometimes guys peak at the end of the year.  Every hear of guys like Mark Branch, Carl Perry, Jeff Jaggers or are you saying if below a certain seed number you are deemed incapable of advancing beyond a given barrier point thus no need to give you due consideration?  

The fact you just compared Picc to those national champs says it all. You guys are not dealing in reality. Yes upsets happen, but based on his body of work, he would in fact be a decisive underdog to Dance. This is irrefutable.  

Edited by Flying-Tiger

The fact you just compared Picc to those national champs says it all. You guys are not dealing in reality. Yes upsets happen, but based on his body of work, he would be in fact a decisive underdog to Dance. This is irrefutable.  

Branch was 8-9 going into Nationals his first year, so I think Picc's resume is a little better than that.  He was an underdog to everyone he wrestled that year.  So, it does happen.  Odds?  slim, but possible.  I know I would rather have the Picc that wrestled in the big 12 tourney than the Picc that was on the mat the month before.

It's Cael's job to give PSU the best possible chance of winning a national championship. He's not responsible for the success of other programs. There is nothing wrong with Cael looking out for the best interests of his team. PSU First.

Carl pulled a Gillooly!

You need to get a grip and stop acting like he was one of the top guys at the weight. Picc would be a big underdog to Dance as well.  He got majored by Lizak and lost to guys like Baughman, Russell (twice) and Townsell. Either way he was getting kicked to the backside in the Quarters. Quite frankly, I don't know how he ended up as an 8 seed with that resume. 

He won the Big12. We are going to find out what a Big12 championship translates into starting tomorrow morning. Don't think 8 Cowboys are winning NCAA's. Eight won't make semi finals either. The Quarter finals are probably going to be rough on Ok State. 

Branch was 8-9 going into Nationals his first year, so I think Picc's resume is a little better than that.  He was an underdog to everyone he wrestled that year.  So, it does happen.  Odds?  slim, but possible.  I know I would rather have the Picc that wrestled in the big 12 tourney than the Picc that was on the mat the month before.

Look, if Picc is going to go on some epic run that will go down in the annals of college wrestling history, then Gilman isn't going to stop him either. Enough already! You guys are using extreme, highly unlikely examples to try to make your point. Meanwhile I'm using his current body of work that statistically is much more likely to be correct. #7 or #8, IT DOESNT MATTER. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

He won the Big12. We are going to find out what a Big12 championship translates into starting tomorrow morning. Don't think 8 Cowboys are winning NCAA's. Eight won't make semi finals either. The Quarter finals are probably going to be rough on Ok State. 

Yes.  I think they'll be very good in rounds 1 and 2 and will lose a lot in the quarters.  Then they need to be perfect in the round of 12 to have a shot as a team.  

Gilman's response when he heard the news.....

“I’m sorry to hear that,” top-seeded Thomas Gilman of Iowa said. “You never want to hear about someone getting hurt or not begin able to compete, that’s never good. Obviously I always want the best and to compete against him, but the way the bracket played out, we would’ve met in the finals and he would’ve had to make it to the finals. No disrespect to him or anyone else, but I just wrestle whoever they put out there and whoever makes it to the finals. … There’s no guarantee that I make it to the finals.”

He didn't mention Cael being a liar, but reports have it he face mushed the reporter exiting the interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look, if Picc is going to go on some epic run that will go down in the annals of college wrestling history, then Gilman isn't going to stop him either. Enough already! You guys are using extreme, highly unlikely examples to try to make your point. Meanwhile I'm using his current body of work that statistically is much more likely to be correct. #7 or #8, IT DOESNT MATTER. 

Oh, I agree with you on the rest.  But most fan's hopes rely on extremely unlikely runs.  I was just replying to your comparison.

The fact you just compared Picc to those national champs says it all. You guys are not dealing in reality. Yes upsets happen, but based on his body of work, he would in fact be a decisive underdog to Dance. This is irrefutable.

The fact that you made that statement suggests to me you haven't been paying attention to wrestling & the NCAA tournament. Take a look at how Perry fared two previous times out against the #1 Schwab, look at who else he had to go thru as the #8 seed to win & then explain how that could possibly happen (oh, and it was in same city same arena as this year so maybe it's all about 8s and the air in that arena). Then take compare to #8 v #1 in this discussion. BTW: no one here is suggesting he is going to be ntl champ.