Sign in to follow this  
Gantry

Six Minutes Fifty One Seconds

Yes, after getting ridden like a dog and turned in the first period, Zilverberg inexplicably took down in the 2nd.  Lewis then told his coaches that he wanted to take top in the 3rd, I'm sure looking for the fall.  Zilverberg did do a good job stalling out on the bottom in the 2nd and 3rd, only giving up 1 penalty pt. and no turns, but it seems a bit embarrassing to make it to nationals and then make decisions in a match (taking down in the 2nd) that basically give you no prayer of winning the match.

Yes, after getting ridden like a dog 

Major props for the reference. Since hearing that famous post-match Dake interview, I always wondered how the hell you ride a dog. Maybe they ride huskies in the frozen tundra of Ithaca, NY, and Coach Smith, having spent some time assisting there, brought that art form to Missouri.

Yes, after getting ridden like a dog 

Yes, after getting ridden like a dog and turned in the first period, Zilverberg inexplicably took down in the 2nd.  Lewis then told his coaches that he wanted to take top in the 3rd, I'm sure looking for the fall.  Zilverberg did do a good job stalling out on the bottom in the 2nd and 3rd, only giving up 1 penalty pt. and no turns, but it seems a bit embarrassing to make it to nationals and then make decisions in a match (taking down in the 2nd) that basically give you no prayer of winning the match.

I do kind of respect Zilverberg for doing this, even though it was incredibly dumb. He believes in himself at least.

Lewis looked great. Cannot wait for him to wrestle Vincenzo.

I do kind of respect Zilverberg for doing this, even though it was incredibly dumb. He believes in himself at least.

Lewis looked great. Cannot wait for him to wrestle Vincenzo.

In my opinion Zilverberg should have taken top.  The only guy who Lewis can't seem to ride is Rogers, everyone else is toast on the bottom.  And Lewis is too good on his feet to take neutral (until he gases in the 3rd).  But he can be ridden (unless Zilverberg is just bad on top, which I don't know).

In my opinion Zilverberg should have taken top. The only guy who Lewis can't seem to ride is Rogers, everyone else is toast on the bottom. And Lewis is too good on his feet to take neutral (until he gases in the 3rd). But he can be ridden (unless Zilverberg is just bad on top, which I don't know).

Couldn't ride imar either

I have no idea why I capitalized every first letter...

This reminds me of the scene in Talladega Nights when Ricky Bobby doesn't know what to do with his hands during interview.

Pyles started a tweet about Mueller getting 6:29 of RT when every period started in neutral, so the discussion morphed to Lewis' amazing feat. 

I'm not sure what's more impressive to be honest.

On 3/16/2017 at 5:41 PM, wrestlingnerd said:

Major props for the reference. Since hearing that famous post-match Dake interview, I always wondered how the hell you ride a dog. Maybe they ride huskies in the frozen tundra of Ithaca, NY, and Coach Smith, having spent some time assisting there, brought that art form to Missouri.

Little known fact the "I" in Iditarod stands for Ithaca. 

Edited by TBar1977