Sign in to follow this  
Nittany

Referee 45

Or let's see the guys who get paid for it do a better job.

If my pilot crashes my plane, but I can't do any better, I'm still going to complain.

Not like this is their primary job. Every ref down there does this because they have a passion for the sport, just like the coaches and the wrestlers themselves. If you think they do it for the money you're out of your mind. Who he hell would sign up for that job if you didn't love the sport? These guys are the best of the best, rated by their peers, all of the coaches, etc. That's how they get to this point, they are literally the best of the best. Everyone (myself included, I'm just as guilty) thinks they have every call right from the stands, but when I think about it I'm sure the guys 2 feet away from the action have a better view then we do. Edited by RecHall

Watching hoops last nite and saw a guy plant his feet and raise his arms straight up. Never moved. The offensive player take two dribbles and I don't know how many steps and then just runs the defender over flat on his back. Most obvious charging call you'd ever want to see. Ref called that blocking, not charging. Both announcers were surprised by the call. Refs blow calls all the time and they should not be off limits when they do so.

In the most over dramatic way I can write it .......................... This is important, people!

Watching hoops last nite and saw a guy plant his feet and raise his arms straight up. Never moved. The offensive player take two dribbles and I don't know how many steps and then just runs the defender over flat on his back. Most obvious charging call you'd ever want to see. Ref called that blocking, not charging. Both announcers were surprised by the call. Refs blow calls all the time and they should not be off limits when they do so.

In the most over dramatic way I can write it .......................... This is important, people!

Was that in the Wisconsin game?