Sign in to follow this  
Perry

Parker/Richards

I got a chance to rewatch the OT of Parker/Richards and have to raise the question once more... WTF? Parker takes a shot, a scramble ensues, they end up on their feet near the oob line and Richards pushes in maybe 2 steps to drive Parker oob. That's the match. Stalling/1 point given to Richards for the W. That's the most obvious (to me) action call that should exist just shy of a guy standing up then getting shoved out of bounds. How do you call that when no other official all year long has made that call regardless of situation? The inconsistency of the NCAA is ridiculous and needs to be addressed ASAP. It won't matter too much as Richards is about to get mauled in the next round anyways, but this still sits very poorly with me. 

Richards received a similar call in the consolation round of the big 10 tournament when he was down 3-2 to Delvecchio with 10-15 seconds left they hit him with a 2nd stalling call to tie the match 3-3 and bring it to OT where Richards won.  After having a bit of an up and down season I guess he was due to have a couple of calls go his way.  We'll see what he can do with it in the 1/4ers against Tomasello.

I got a chance to rewatch the OT of Parker/Richards and have to raise the question once more... WTF? Parker takes a shot, a scramble ensues, they end up on their feet near the oob line and Richards pushes in maybe 2 steps to drive Parker oob. That's the match. Stalling/1 point given to Richards for the W. That's the most obvious (to me) action call that should exist just shy of a guy standing up then getting shoved out of bounds. How do you call that when no other official all year long has made that call regardless of situation? The inconsistency of the NCAA is ridiculous and needs to be addressed ASAP. It won't matter too much as Richards is about to get mauled in the next round anyways, but this still sits very poorly with me.

Richards got hit 3x for the same thing in that match costing him 2 points. The refs were consistent with that call even if it was consistently bad.

Edited by bigtenfan

Believe me...Plenty officials made that call in error earlier in the year.