Sign in to follow this  
cangemi

Got to love Palacio

Dylan, Realbuto (and now Womack) have revived the lost art of the Peterson roll. A lot of folks might say it's a junior high move, but they score often with it. And very few others do the same.

I can't stand that term and I like when someone in college or the international levels pulls out a "junior high move" and shuts up the crowd who always scream for "college level technique!"

Agree. Although depending on which mat you are listening to, some commentator calls it a Granby Roll.

I learned it as a Peterson roll, ending in a Granby catch position.

As we all know, a Peterson is different than a Granby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I learned it as a Peterson roll, ending in a Granby catch position.

As we all know, a Peterson is different than a Granby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me too.  Maybe I was too oblique -- what I'm saying is that at least one commentator didn't recognize it.  Or they don't call it that where he's from.

Dylan, Realbuto (and now Womack) have revived the lost art of the Peterson roll. A lot of folks might say it's a junior high move, but they score often with it. And very few others do the same.

one of those things where learning to defend it in the wrestling room, turns into a batch in the lineup that use it frequently

some of you need to recognize a con artist when you see it. 

I just showed my wife his two interviews. She thought he comes off pretty conceited. I don't buy his false sense of higher enlightenment either. Good for the kid going for his goals, but there are just some people that are always looking for a camera. 

Also didn't buy his Flo interview when making a big deal about starting off as a JUCO, like so many of his teammates weren't in the same boat.

I just showed my wife his two interviews. She thought he comes off pretty conceited. I don't buy his false sense of higher enlightenment either. Good for the kid going for his goals, but there are just some people that are always looking for a camera.

Also didn't buy his Flo interview when making a big deal about starting off as a JUCO, like so many of his teammates weren't in the same boat.

Were they? I can't imagine it's that common to go from Junior college to the Ivy League. Edited by 1032004

Were they? I can't imagine it's that common to go from Junior college to the Ivy League.

I think Cornell is special in that they commit to taking some percentage of transfers from community colleges via their Pathway to Success Community College Partnership program

"Also didn't buy his Flo interview when making a big deal about starting off as a JUCO, like so many of his teammates weren't in the same boat."

Palacio WAS different in that he wanted to play soccer as well - and so enrolled full time at TC3 in order to play on the soccer team there.  I don't believe any other of his Cornell team mates have ever done the same, although many do take a few courses - but less that full time credit hours.  That said, my understanding is that Palacio was already admitted to Cornell prior to attending TC3, and deferred admission for a year - as do virtually all of the "Greyshirts".

Edited by redblades

"Also didn't buy his Flo interview when making a big deal about starting off as a JUCO, like so many of his teammates weren't in the same boat."

Palacio WAS different in that he wanted to play soccer as well - and so enrolled full time at TC3 in order to play on the soccer team there.  I don't believe any other of his Cornell team mates have ever done the same, although many do take a few courses - but less that full time credit hours.  That said, my understanding is that Palacio was already admitted to Cornell prior to attending TC3, and deferred admission for a year - as do virtually all of the "Greyshirts".

Right, it's the Cornell redshirt. Majority of the guys on the team start off at TC3 with less than full time hours and train with Finger Lakes Wrestling Club. I will concede that Palacio did go full time play soccer while he was there.