Sign in to follow this  
Perry

Gilman

Full disclosure I'm and Iowa fan that can see both sides.

I've always said it's ok to hate Thomas Gilman, but if your only reason for hating him is that he thinks and talks about things differently than you, you are missing the point.

The world needs more guys that speak their mind than the "I'm taking it one match at a time" guys.

Full disclosure I'm and Iowa fan that can see both sides.

I've always said it's ok to hate Thomas Gilman, but if your only reason for hating him is that he thinks and talks about things differently than you, you are missing the point.

The world needs more guys that speak their mind than the "I'm taking it one match at a time" guys.

I already said I'm not going to get on him for this.  But the idea that the world needs more stupid people saying the stupid things that come on their mind is an absurd one.  

That interview was great! I'm a big fan. I wonder what % of the athletes interviewed think similar thoughts but instead thank their families and talk about having fun and scoring points?

I don't really care about interviews, but I think there is a middle ground between "just wrestled hard" and Gilman's comments. You can give a decent interview without being a total dbag like Gilman was in that interview. And for the record I didn't have a problem with some of his past ones but I don't see anything good coming from him challenging someone to a street fight.

In my experience a lot of guys were actually pretty good friends with many of the opposing wrestlers. Doesn't seem like Gilman is that way.

Listen to his interview on IA Wrestle. He is without a doubt the biggest tool of his generation. Zero respect for his opponents and represents our sport very poorly. Questions if his opponent has the balls to face him again (a direct quote) and says he is probably crying in his closet over the loss.

My favorite, though, is him saying others using head taps against him is dirty but it's okay when he does it because he uses it as a set up. I would really love to see this kid get his butt handed the him. I really wonder if he tries to throw down if it happens, though. Not quite no class, but about as close as you can realistically get.

Perry, I listened and I agree. It's been my experience, in both athletics and as a cop in a big city, the more they run their mouth (I mean really try to make themselves appear tough and others weak) the less likely they are to step up when it gets tough out in the real world fwiw.