Sign in to follow this  
WillieBoy

Has Penn State put it away?

Ok State has 1 wrestling for 7th, so his max is 1.5 pts counting both placement and advancement. 

They have 6 in the consi semi's. They already have the 6th place pts. If they all win 2x to take 3rd then they get  3rd place points which are 9, so 6 more for placement. That is 6 x 6, or 36 points. Then Heil can get 4. So their total without bonus is another 41.5 points. That takes them to 127.5. That shows it is not over yet.

A couple of things are incorrect unless they have recently changed this.

1. 7th place gets no advancement points (only when you move forward in the bracket)

2. Conso semis have already secured 6th place which is worth 6 placement points. Third place is 10 placement points so only a four point improvement plus 0.5 advancement for winning conso semis.

Placement points are as follows for 1-8. 16 12 10 9 7 6 4 3

Pretty sure. Ok State has a max of 146 points. They have potential 14 more matches which means a maximum bonus points of 28.

How do you show it?

You are correct. The way you came to that answer is a lot easier than what I tried to do while pretty tired. But I like your answer better. Thx guys, a little tired after a long day. 

Edited by TBar1977

So what should they say? They?

My family has been cheering "We Are Penn State" at sporting events for 50 years. I am pretty sure I heard that cheer eminating from the arena last night. Late football coach Joe Paterno often told his players, and us fans as well, to want to be a part of something bigger than ourselves. When any fan speaking about his school or his team uses the term "we", it implies his/her support for the team. It obviously does not imply that they are out their competing in the arena, so why anyone would even go there speaks of having nothing left to throw into the kitchen sink. 

My family has been cheering "We Are Penn State" at sporting events for 50 years. I am pretty sure I heard that cheer eminating from the arena last night. Late football coach Joe Paterno often told his players, and us fans as well, to want to be a part of something bigger than ourselves. When any fan speaking about his school or his team uses the term "we", it implies his/her support for the team. It obviously does not imply that they are out their competing in the arena, so why anyone would even go there speaks of having nothing left to throw into the kitchen sink. 

Put it on a tee. 

T. Boone Pickens famously said "we" (in referencing the team) when the stadium project was announced.      If you help and contribute, the term is certainly appropriate and some would say simply being a fan is sufficient.   

Chattanooga Mocs, we did our best.   Gave it our all.  

Even though Penn St. has won it again. Okla St. will have 8 All Americans, that's amazing. I'm not sure how many will be returning, but it just goes to show you what a great program they have.

But getting back to Penn St. It just looks like that there is no slowing them down. While all their guys in the finals tonight might not win, it still looks like they are a position to be dominant for the foreseeable future.

Even though Penn St. has won it again. Okla St. will have 8 All Americans, that's amazing. I'm not sure how many will be returning, but it just goes to show you what a great program they have.

But getting back to Penn St. It just looks like that there is no slowing them down. While all their guys in the finals tonight might not win, it still looks like they are a position to be dominant for the foreseeable future.

This is a link to an article in Oklahoma. Note the huge pride about 8 AAs, and a tiny little blurb about PSU actually winning the tourney, lol. Anyway, of the guys were made AA this year I think they are only losing Crutchmer. I think Rogers/Heil/Boyd are Jrs. Weigel/Smith are sophs.

I'm wondering what happens to Kaid Brock and Piccininni next year when Fix steps on campus. Is Fix going to RS? Are they going to bump Picc/Brock/Heil up a class to plug Fix in at 125? Or will he go 133?

I think OSU will score more points next year than this year. PSU will probably score even more though.

http://newsok.com/osu-ties-program-record-with-eight-all-americans/article/5542215 Edited by TobusRex

This is a link to an article in Oklahoma. Note the huge pride about 8 AAs, and a tiny little blurb about PSU actually winning the tourney, lol. Anyway, of the guys were made AA this year I think they are only losing Crutchmer. I think Rogers/Heil/Boyd are Jrs. Weigel/Smith are sophs.

I'm wondering what happens to Kaid Brock and Piccininni next year when Fix steps on campus. Is Fix going to RS? Are they going to bump Picc/Brock/Heil up a class to plug Fix in at 125? Or will he go 133?

I think OSU will score more points next year than this year. PSU will probably score even more though.

http://newsok.com/osu-ties-program-record-with-eight-all-americans/article/5542215

Ohio Dtate is returning 6 AAs, including 2 finalists (maybe 2 champs), a 1, 5 - a 1,3,3 - 4, and a freshman 3 that will be preseason 1.

Plus they have solid recruits coming in. 3 other qualities returning, And Keyshawn Hayes

pho Staye could have 8+ AAs next year. Rankings wise they will start the season with 6 top 3 guys.

PSU deserves the win and is returning a ton of talent too, but the season will still be interesting. Ohio State was close to having 4 finalists. PSU snuck two guys through who could have lost. PSU absolutely found a way to win, but it's not like there are no contenders next year.

Interesting to think about PSU likely starting next season with 7 top 4 guys (6 top 2) plus a potential star at 141, a solid guy at 133 and a solid guy at 197

While tOSU is bringing back a lot of talent the bonus points PSU brings to the table makes them pretty much untouchable. About the only thing that could bring them down is injuries, though based on this year that didn't even seem to have much effect. 

The finals next year could have one or more wrestlers from either Penn state or Ohio State at each weight. Not saying the below finalists will all happen, but potential for it is there.

Possible finalist

125: Suriano

133: NATO

141:

149: Zain v Micah

157: Nolf

165: Cenzo

174: Bo v Hall

184: Martin v Bo

197: Moore

285: Snyder v Nevills

Have they won the thing or is it possible for the next team to get enough points to beat them? Probably far fetched at this point - but could it happen?

Cael is looking pretty damn brilliant right about now.

pulling Suriano --> Cael dropped a bag of dog poo on everyone else's porch

how PSU has peak wrestled this weekend --> Cael lit that bag on fire

Solid.

They are.

Penn State.