Sign in to follow this  
lu_alum

Session Five

With the Gilman-talk and a one match break, I expected Piccininni to be a lot more fired up for this match. He looks like he's ready to hit the buffet.

He just got soundly beat.  He fought every point and was trying to throw late when it was all he had left.  Not a good performance by any means, but not a guy mailing it in.  just a guy getting beat.

Brock looked hurt. Was mostly watching the Micic match, but good job on that late takedown by Brock

He tries to go rubber knee too often.  He did there and it may have cost him at the end.  Hopefully it's the kind of thing a few weeks of postseason rest can heal.

They FINALLY call a defensive pin at NCAAs. About friggin' time.

That was Hnath.  He's an excellent official, done multiple nationals.  Not his first rodeo.  And willing to make the right calls whether or not they are popular.

Did kessenich in the post match interview with Jack seriously declare that Kevin Jack got the last laugh over Bryce Meredith?  He's the 2 seed in a Saturday morning match for the 2nd time in a row.  Last laugh would be beating Meredith to make the finals next year. 

Can anyone with replay ability comment on Jack's defensive fall. I am 2 rows on the floor and I didn't even think it was a full second, let alone the time refs usually want to call a defensive pin. I love the call but man it was really quick. Can someone confirm.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Did kessenich in the post match interview with Jack seriously declare that Kevin Jack got the last laugh over Bryce Meredith?  He's the 2 seed in a Saturday morning match for the 2nd time in a row.  Last laugh would be beating Meredith to make the finals next year. 

Exactly.

Question for someone with the brackets: Is Meredith the highest finishing double digit seed (e.g. #10) this year?