Sign in to follow this  
OUcat

Why have stalling?

The refs are too influenced on who's wrestling. If Hall was Myles Martin he would have been DQ'd for stalling against Valencia, let alone Jordan.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by cjc007

And one other thing enough of the true freshman kid talk, Hall is 20 years old. He is no fresh out of high school kid.

He said it himself in the post-match  interview. I'm a true freshman... wrestling a grown man with a wife and two kids. That was pretty awkward to say the least.

Yes, the officiating in the match was bad. Really bad. But what can you do? Just be happy that freestyle season is around the corner!

Also, I agree on this true freshman crap. Isn't he something like 4 months younger than Kyle Snyder whi just wrestled at his third championships? Great job (I guess) on getting a title, but don't pretend you're a rookie taking on this old veteran. That's just nonsense.

I never got this line of thinking. Hall wrestled the same way all 7 minutes and Bo starts spamming bad shots for 30 seconds and now Hall is stalling? Nope. The better wrestler won.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Agree.  I've known Mark since he got to the state of Minn., classy kid who has always wrestled cognitively.  Not necessarily my style but give him some credit, first National finals against an obviously bigger guy.  I wonder how many of those complaining would have done anything different if they were in his shoes with the exception that they wouldn't have been able to close the deal in the last seconds, like Hall did,  behind their keyboard.

Agree. I've known Mark since he got to the state of Minn., classy kid who has always wrestled cognitively. Not necessarily my style but give him some credit, first National finals against an obviously bigger guy. I wonder how many of those complaining would have done anything different if they were in his shoes with the exception that they wouldn't have been able to close the deal in the last seconds, like Hall did, behind their keyboard.

No one is blaming Hall.

The official in his semi match was worse than the final bout imo.

It's the nature of folkstyle, subjective rules interpretation. Especially stalling calls.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

yes - Hall already had one warning early in the 3rd period. Crowd was yelling for a 2nd call in the last :30 sec

was like Hall went into the FS mentality of defending the center.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk