Sign in to follow this  
Ohio_Wrestling_Admin

Ohio State vs. Penn State on Sunday

This isn't my prediction, but It's not unreasonable to see tOSU score at least three bonus points at 133 & 141, score an upset win @ 149 (Cam is no slouch and it really depends on which A. Alton shows up). Demas can upset D. Alton at 157. Heflin can beat Brown at 174 and Capone is favored at 285. The problem for Penn State is that Penn State's best four best guys are going against arguably tOSU's four worst guys so there is no opportunity to steal one from the home team taking away one of their sure scorers. Its possible that Triggas and Courts can keep things close with Mega and Q, it's possible that Stieber bonus neutralizes Taylor Ruth bonus, and the rest are real toss-ups at 149/157/174, and 285. It the tOSU fire that showed up against Iowa last season re-emerges once again in St. John arena it can be a tough day for the Nittany Lions.

This isn't my prediction, but It's not unreasonable to see tOSU score at least three bonus points at 133 & 141 where they are sure to win those to weight classes, score an upset win @ 149 (Cam is no slouch and it really depends on which A. Alton shows up, and Cam has been on his game lately). Demas can upset D. Alton at 157. #7 ranked Heflin can beat #5 ranked Brown at 174 and Capone is favored at 285. The problem for Penn State is that Penn State's best four guys are going against arguably tOSU's four worst guys so there is no opportunity to steal one from the home team taking away one of their sure scorers. Its possible that Triggas and Courts can keep things close with Mega and Q, it's possible that Stieberx2 bonus neutralizes Taylor Ruth bonus, and the rest are real toss-ups at 149/157/174, and 285. If the tOSU fire that showed up against Iowa last season re-emerges once again in St. John arena it can be a tough day for the Nittany Lions.

Bucks lineup vs Michigan included Paddock at 149, Courts at 197 and Karageorge at Hvy.

Paddock just isn't physical enough to beat A.Alton.

Courts isn't going to beat Wright...but neither is Camp. Indeed, Courts beat Gonzalez and Huntley his last two outings and has looked better than earlier in the season.

Capone is needed vs PSU. Karageorge has no chance against Lawson or Gingerich.

If Bucks win four, they've done a solid job. If they win five, but lose, they can feel very good.

Three wins would be a push.

Two wins is a moral and physical defeat.

I like the Bucks at home to make this a solid match in a losing effort. Don't ask me what that means. But if Bucks were to win four, I'd feel pretty good. PSU still has the most top flite talent in the country.

Bucks lineup vs Michigan included Paddock at 149, Courts at 197 and Karageorge at Hvy.

Paddock just isn't physical enough to beat A.Alton.

Courts isn't going to beat Wright...but neither is Camp. Indeed, Courts beat Gonzalez and Huntley his last two outings and has looked better than earlier in the season.

Capone is needed vs PSU. Karageorge has no chance against Lawson or Gingerich.

If Bucks win four, they've done a solid job. If they win five, but lose, they can feel very good.

Three wins would be a push.

Two wins is a moral and physical defeat.

I like the Bucks at home to make this a solid match in a losing effort. Don't ask me what that means. But if Bucks were to win four, I'd feel pretty good. PSU still has the most top flite talent in the country.

PSU has hammers at the top and many very good tweeners (not good enough to beat Iowa, but....). If Ohio State wins 4 I would only be mildly surprised since they are at home.

Penn State has had a weak dual schedule, and they won't be at National Duals. They're the team to beat at tourney's, everyone knows that. Dual team, not so much. Okie State and Minny would both give them plenty of headaches in a dual format.

I see conflicting information on whether this match is going to be on BTN or not. Watching the tOSU v. UMich, they said they are going to be showing a bunch of duals today, but the BTN and BTN2go do not show it one their schedules. Anyone have an idea if this match is going to be shown? \

It's only on BTDN (digital network = live web streaming).

BTW, B1G win by Mich St. Lyon pinning Michigan's #15 Boyle at 133 lbs in the first period.

Michigan St. up 12 - 7 @ the half with also a big win by MSU 285 lb Mclure over Apland.

BTN Live Streaming will be available on Sunday, Feb. 10 for the following events using this link:

http://video.btn.com/allaccess/?sport=m-wrestl

2:00pm EST - Michigan @ Michigan St.

2:00pm EST - Minnesota @ Wisconsin

3:00pm EST - Nebraska @ Iowa

4:00pm EST - Penn State @ Ohio State

The schedule list on BTN shows some (not all) of the events and seems to post inaccurate show times when compared with the actual all-access link at the top of this post:

http://btn.com/2012/11/01/btn-releases- ... -schedule/

Using the ULIVE link you can access the same B1G matches listed above and also the following additional events: http://ulive.cbssports.com/?sport=m-wrestl

5:00pm EST - American vs Army

7:00pm EST - Army vs Boston

Wed, 02/13

7:30pm EST - SIU Edwardsville vs Missouri

Thu, 02/14

8:00pm EST - George Mason vs Old Dominion

reposting this:

PS: Indiana / Purdue will be on the BTN network (television) tomorrow at 630pm EST.

BTW, B1G win by Mich St. Lyon pinning Michigan's #15 Boyle at 133 lbs in the first period.

Michigan St. up 12 - 7 @ the half with also a big win by MSU 285 lb Mclure over Apland.

Lyon has to be so stoked with that victory. That pin had the MSU crowd going crazy.

Lyon has to be so stoked with that victory. That pin had the MSU crowd going crazy.

If you can, please keep us informed as to how this dual goes....if Boyle's at 133, who's at 125?

Anyone have some results for this match??

125: #2 Nico Megaludis PSU maj. dec. #12 Nikko Triggas OSU, 9-1 4-0

133: #1 Logan Stieber OSU pinned Jordan Conaway PSU, WBF (1:59) 4-6

141: #2 Hunter Stieber OSU pinned Derek Reber PSU, WBF (1:25) 4-12

149: #19 Cam Tessari OSU dec. #7 Andrew Alton PSU, 3-1 4-15

157: #5 Dylan Alton PSU dec. #19 Josh Demas OSU, 4-3 7-15

165: #2 David Taylor PSU pinned Mark Martin OSU, WBF (2:55) 13-15

174: #7 Nick Heflin OSU dec. #5 Matt Brown PSU, 3-2 13-18

184: #1 Ed Ruth PSU pinned C.J. Magrum OSU, WBF (1:51) 19-18

197: #3 Quentin Wright PSU maj. dec. #16 Kenny Courts OSU, 9-1 23-18

285: Jimmy Lawson PSU inj. frf #12 Peter Capone OSU, Lawson up 6-0 at time 29-18

#1 Penn State 29, #6 Ohio State 18

February 10, 2013 - Columbus, Ohio

125: #2 Nico Megaludis PSU maj. dec. #12 Nikko Triggas OSU, 9-1 4-0

133: #1 Logan Stieber OSU pinned Jordan Conaway PSU, WBF (1:59) 4-6

141: #2 Hunter Stieber OSU pinned Derek Reber PSU, WBF (1:25) 4-12

149: #19 Cam Tessari OSU dec. #7 Andrew Alton PSU, 3-1 4-15

157: #5 Dylan Alton PSU dec. #19 Josh Demas OSU, 4-3 7-15

165: #2 David Taylor PSU pinned Mark Martin OSU, WBF (2:55) 13-15

174: #7 Nick Heflin OSU dec. #5 Matt Brown PSU, 3-2 13-18

184: #1 Ed Ruth PSU pinned C.J. Magrum OSU, WBF (1:51) 19-18

197: #3 Quentin Wright PSU maj. dec. #16 Kenny Courts OSU, 9-1 23-18

285: Jimmy Lawson PSU inj. frf #12 Peter Capone OSU, Lawson up 6-0 at time 29-18

Attendance: 6,061

Thank you! I think A. Alton still will be an All American, with a month to train. Wright, Ruth, Taylor, Megaludis and D. Alton will win National Titles. Matt Brown will probably be 7th or 8th. I hope they go with Lawson for the postseason.

Am I a PSU fan?

Thank you! I think A. Alton still will be an All American, with a month to train. Wright, Ruth, Taylor, Megaludis and D. Alton will win National Titles. Matt Brown will probably be 7th or 8th. I hope they go with Lawson for the postseason.

Am I a PSU fan?

Based on those predictions, I would say "Yes, you are definitely a PSU fan." If I were predicting right now, I would have Ruth as a champ with confidence. Mega, Wright, D. Alton & Taylor are definitely reasonable possibilities for championships as well. I highly, highly doubt we get championships from all of them, but, that sure would be fun. Here is the range I would have them in right now:

125 - Megaludis (1st-4th)

133 - Conaway (6th - 0-2 at Nationals)

141 - Pearsall (8th - 0-2 at Nationals)

149 - A. Alton (2nd - Not placing at Nationals)

157 - D. Alton (1st - 6th)

165 - Taylor (1st - 2nd)

174 - Brown (1st - Not placing at Nationals)

184 - Ruth (1st - 1st) 8-)

197 - Wright (1st - 3rd)

285 - Lawson/Gingrich (6th - 0-2 at Nationals)

A Alton looked terrible! If he wrestles like that at Nationals, he won't make round of 12. He literally did nothing in this match. Laid on bottom the 2nd period after he got reversed and laid there most of the 3rd period.

D Alton was lucky to escape with a win. Demas had a near side cradle locked up at end of match that could have easily been takedown.

Wright, Ruth, Taylor, Megaludis, and D. Alton will win national titles??? You've got to be kidding me. Penn St. is winning 5 titles??!! Jesus Christ dude I'm getting off here for the night. I never should have checked back in on this thread. 5 titles, lol.

Wright, Ruth, Taylor, Megaludis, and D. Alton will win national titles??? You've got to be kidding me. Penn St. is winning 5 titles??!! Jesus Christ dude I'm getting off here for the night. I never should have checked back in on this thread. 5 titles, lol.

.. sobriety check?