gallison

Mizzou - Next Year

A few questions about next years starting lineup.

1.  Will McGee be back?  He under performed this year.  Reason unknown.  Injury, lost interest, ????

2.  Who fills 149?  DeLoach?  Another discussion suggested Lavalle  was dropping.

3.  Miklus to 197?

4.  Wisman to 184?

5.  Daniel Lewis to 174?

6.  165?  Connor Flynn? 

7.  Reg Daniel Lewis,...was he having  difficulty making  weight?  He was dominant for 2 periods, even against top rated opponents.  Third period starts and he looks like he can't even stand up.

Other potential changes?

I think their best line up would be something like:

125 - McGee if he's back to 2016 form

133 - Erneste, he looked great this year

141 - Eirmann, solid year for him after bumping up to 141

149 - LaVallee, if he can make it

157 -  Flynn, if he can make it

165 - Lewis, if he can make it

174 - Wisman

184 - ???

197 - Miklus

285 - Austin Matthews

Does Mizzou have any other top recruits coming off RS or in next season that I've forgotten about?

125 -Barlow will be back and probable starter really hope he can put it together but doubt it

133 -Erneste and he is solid AA contender

141 -Eierman will contend for a national title

149 -Grant Leeth if he can finally stay healthy - no real info on how he will perform

157 -Lavallee title contender

165 -Lewis title contender was less than 25 seconds form beating Joseph - can he figure out energy issues?

174 -Flynn/Wisman/Marriott qualifier

184 -Wisman/Rashka competitive but hard to consider as qualifier at this point

197 -Miklus Title contender

285 -Myers - qualifier

Edited by mlbruem

Marriott might challenge at 184.  They also signed Jake Raschka coming in from Wisconsin who might be in the mix at 184.  He was a 2x champ in Wisonsin and a Fargo champ as well.  Meyers might get pushed at hwt. also.  Jared Campbell is Flo's #4 ranked HS 220, and has won national titles at Flo and Virginia Beach.  And Dack Punke is a 2x Illionois champ and 2x Fargo champ.  That might be our 125 pounder right there.

125 - Punke

133 - Erneste

141 - Eierman

149 - ?.....maybe Retherford will transfer

157 - Lavallee (why move down?)

165 - Lewis

174 - Wisman

184 - Wyatt Koelling

197 - Miklus

HWT - Myers (though I'd like to see how Campbell looks)

Edited by fudge_tunnel

125 - Punke

133 - Erneste

141 - Eierman

149 - Leeth

157 - Lavallee

165 - Lewis

174 - Wisman

184 – Koelling/Marriott/Raschka

197 - Miklus

HWT – Myers/Campbell

Although I could also see this lineup:

125 - Punke

133 - Erneste

141 - Eierman

149 - Leeth

157 - Lavallee

165 - Flynn

174 - Lewis

184 – Wisman/Koelling/Marriott/Raschka

197 - Miklus

HWT – Myers/Campbell

No way I trust or let McGhee back in that lineup.  

​I could also see Wisman redshirting next year depending on the other guys.

Leeth just has to stay healthy and he has a shot, I think or I hope.

​Lewis, at either spot has to be in shape and come through, wrestling to his top ability.  

Myers, I am still very skeptical of as well.  A change wouldn't bother or hurt.  

With PSU, OSU, Iowa, Arizona State coming on, Michigan coming back the trophy race will be indeed tight, fun and exciting as ever. 

Go Tigers!

I heard Lewis, and Miklus definitely bumping up.  Leeth could be the real deal if healthy.  Leeth was handling Manley before the season and his injury.  McGhee has definitely had HEW, and we need fresh blood.  Assad or Punke hopefully. Once again, 184 will be a massive hole, unless Raschke is something special.  

He will be a senior next year. Got injured at the VA tech dual wrestling against zavatsky

According to Intermat Miklus wrestled twice - on 11/13/16 (lost to Dechow) and 11/20/16 when he got hurt against Zach Z from VT.  It seems others who have been hurt so early in a season have been given a medical redshirt sometimes - is that a possibility for him?  Those rules always seem to be obscure and somewhat arbitrary - but then again, that is the NCAA I guess. 

Anyone know how that works? 

Edited by JerryCallo

According to Intermat Miklus wrestled twice - on 11/13/16 (lost to Dechow) and 11/20/16 when he got hurt against Zach Z from VT. It seems others who have been hurt so early in a season have been given a medical redshirt sometimes - is that a possibility for him? Those rules always seem to be obscure and somewhat arbitrary - but then again, that is the NCAA I guess.

Only if he hasn't already used a redshirt.

According to Intermat Miklus wrestled twice - on 11/13/16 (lost to Dechow) and 11/20/16 when he got hurt against Zach Z from VT.  It seems others who have been hurt so early in a season have been given a medical redshirt sometimes - is that a possibility for him?  Those rules always seem to be obscure and somewhat arbitrary - but then again, that is the NCAA I guess. 

If he participated in less that 35% of the matches, has a verified injury and has not redshirted before, he should be allowed to take a medical redshirt. 

If he *had* redshirted before, he could request a 6th year (which is the only way you can use 2 redshirts) but those are more rare.  

If he participated in less that 35% of the matches, has a verified injury and has not redshirted before, he should be allowed to take a medical redshirt. 

If he *had* redshirted before, he could request a 6th year (which is the only way you can use 2 redshirts) but those are more rare.  

And I think you have to have had a significant injury in 2 of those years to get a 6th year.