Sign in to follow this  
gowrestle

Location Location Location

Now that PSU has established itself as the place to be if you want to achieve greatness as a wrestler, will more eastern kids go there because it's closer to home? Oklahoma State and Iowa are difficult places to get to compared to PSU if you live in PA, NJ, NY.

Don't forget that Oklahoma and Iowa are two of the most boring places you can live. PSU isn't too far from Philly and Pittsburgh.

I once had to spend a week in Oklahoma and asked a local what they do for fun and the said "I leave this place"

yeah, when I spend a night out on the town I zero in on hotspots between 140 to 190 miles away

yeah, when I spend a night out on the town I zero in on hotspots between 140 to 190 miles away

That's better than 500 miles.  That week I spent in Oklahoma was painful, I was there for some training from work.  They used to have the training in Philadelphia but people were going out at night and having fun and dragging a little bit in the morning.  I was part of the first group that went to Oklahoma City and they've been going back ever since.  There was nothing to do but go to an Applebees for dinner and study.

I'm a city person, myself.  Taking in the occasional dual in State College is as much time as I care to spend in that town.  Happy Valley is far too isolated for my taste.  Also, the whole "Jesus this, and Jesus that" vibe of the Penn State team definitely isn't for everyone.      

Edited by Frank_Rizzo

I'm a city person, myself.  Taking in the occasional dual in State College is as much time as I care to spend in that town.  Happy Valley is far too isolated for my taste.  Also, the whole "Jesus this, and Jesus that" vibe of the Penn State team might not be for everyone.      

You are missing the fact that many who live in the 'out of the way' places love it and find plenty to do. Learn to appreciate what is there and don't require constant entertainment pushed by others.

Oklahoma is loaded with small mom & pop restaurants, BBQ places and good entertainment in many forms.

With Penn State and the Jesus stuff - remember that Cael and Cody are members of a religious cult. Don't know if they push it on the kids but believing in religion is not necessarily bad. I don't think for a minute anyone's "God" gives a damn about wrestling. As if he/she/it would spend time helping the kid on the mat while letting a few hundred women and girls get raped at the time across the world and kids and adults are starving to death, being beaten and killed. Somehow wrestling pales in comparison when one thinks of what this concept of "God" has for priorities.

I'm a city person, myself. Taking in the occasional dual in State College is as much time as I care to spend in that town. Happy Valley is far too isolated for my taste. Also, the whole "Jesus this, and Jesus that" vibe of the Penn State team definitely isn't for everyone.

The 409 crew is delusional as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You are missing the fact that many who live in the 'out of the way' places love it and find plenty to do. Learn to appreciate what is there and don't require constant entertainment pushed by others.

Oklahoma is loaded with small mom & pop restaurants, BBQ places and good entertainment in many forms.

With Penn State and the Jesus stuff - remember that Cael and Cody are members of a religious cult. Don't know if they push it on the kids but believing in religion is not necessarily bad. I don't think for a minute anyone's "God" gives a damn about wrestling. As if he/she/it would spend time helping the kid on the mat while letting a few hundred women and girls get raped at the time across the world and kids and adults are starving to death, being beaten and killed. Somehow wrestling pales in comparison when one thinks of what this concept of "God" has for priorities.

Why didn't Jesus stop Sandusky?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm a city person, myself. Taking in the occasional dual in State College is as much time as I care to spend in that town. Happy Valley is far too isolated for my taste. Also, the whole "Jesus this, and Jesus that" vibe of the Penn State team definitely isn't for everyone.

Lord Jezuz stuff getting old real fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk