Sign in to follow this  
bigmik

Mark Hall

If Gilman ever posed like that in angry defiance after a victory the internet would break as everyone from around the world posts their outrage.  However, Hall hit all the talking points in his interview, even though it was clear he was conflicted and wanted to go full Gilman, so it is all ok.  Heroic even. 

I don't care for victory celebrations, especially when the team hasn't won yet (football). I didn't like that pose by Hall at all even though he had just won.

But I can understand why he has a bit of chip on his shoulder.

True Frosh. Undersized. Only a few losses on the year and people already saying he was failure for not matching Cael....who knows how many, if any, more he will win. But winning a national title as a true Frosh at a deep 174 field is impressive no matter how you slice it.

Hope he drops that gangster pose and the Jesus loves me act, but he's gonna be a tough out in all his bouts the next 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's easy to let the emotions of the moment go off track or over board. I suppose it is expected.

Even Cael was embarrassed a bit for the standing ovation he got when he won his 4th.

When Cael had the gold secured with ten seconds left he looked at Douglass and snapped his fingers a few times. That was it.

People react different always.

Someone through up their anklets and shot them out of the air once.

I completed ironman San Juan Puerto Rico yesterday. My 9th ironman finish. I ran through the finishing arch flexing and high stepping -- don't know why I did it. But the energy of the crowd I fed off. I think anyway.

No, I think he will lose at least once. I don't believe Joseph will finish with 4 titles either.

If Zahid Valencia is at 174 the next 3 years, I too would probably bet that Hall doesn't quite get to four titles.

Hall is undersized at 174 and I don't see him trying to bulk up much since he'll be competing at 74kg internationally. BoJo will still be a tall order next year. I'm assuming Zahid will bump up so if he wins next year I see him getting 4.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

It did look like a pose that he practiced in the mirror and may regret in a few years but who cares, he won a national championship and deserves to do a pose that looks like like he practiced in the mirror and may regret in a few years.

I don't mind it one bit, thought he wrestled great, and agree he should enjoy his moment in his way, although that pose isn't exactly projecting "fun and Jesus".  Where are the critics though who have been so vocal about class and sportsmanship all season?  or does that not apply in this case?