Sign in to follow this  
bigmik

Mark Hall

Lot of hate on this thread for a guy who has been a fantastic ambassador for the sport since he first stepped foot on a wrestling mat. Never seen him with a cheap shot or anything of the like ever.

Bigger issues here also as why people are critical of his celebratory act and you all know what it is.

What is it?  Because frankly I was surprised more people weren't critical of it. 

I'm not a big fan of holding kids back for athletic reasons however he is wrestling as a true freshman so I'm not sure why his age is even an issue at this point. 

Age is 100% an issue when it comes to the physical maturity of a male.

Either way,

Hall is ridiculous.  The kid is uber-talented and I hate that word but there is no other apt description.

I believe he is only going to get better, scary.  I see Zahid eventually going to 184 but may be the only guy that can derail him.

Lot of hate on this thread for a guy who has been a fantastic ambassador for the sport since he first stepped foot on a wrestling mat. Never seen him with a cheap shot or anything of the like ever.

Bigger issues here also as why people are critical of his celebratory act and you all know what it is.

For the record, I have no problem with his pose after the win.

Hall won fair and square no doubt about it. However IMO ZV is a better wretler. It seems that people cannot accept that these two things can happen at the same time. They are both superb. IMO ZV wins 7 of 10. I hope that we get to see them square off several more times in their college careers as it should be a lot of fun close matches.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Being critical isn't hate. I rooted for him to win. Disagreeing with taking a 7th grade grayshirt mulligan for the sole purpose of getting 6 state titles isn't hate.

Criticize his parents. It was their decision. He did what he was told to do. Remember Joe Debuque from Indiana? No one complained when he flexed his muscles!

Whether or not it's common for someone to be held back, it certainly isn't unusual for an athlete's parents to try to gain an edge for the athlete by having them be older. For goodness sake, Malcom Gladwell wrote a whole book about it. 

I doubt you can find that kind of outlier in D1 wrestling.