Sign in to follow this  
HoundedHawk

Cory Clark - what an awesome feat

Yes. I too was proud of clark's performance.

He and John Meeks used to work out together in DES moines I think. They sought out each other to get best training partners. I wonder if John would have developed better in another environment or if he just maxed out after high school?

But anyway this thread was about CC and I agree with all the above posts.

Even though I'm a Mizzou fan I think I was happier to see Clark win a title than I was to see J'den win his 3rd. To me, Clark just seemed like the kind of guy that did everything the right way. And his attitude and the way he handled adversity with his shoulder and wrist was just so impressive. He earned that title running through one of the most stacked weights this year. Congrats Cory Clark!

Just an absolutely amazing run.  Not only did he beat the 3 best guys at the weight(they proved it by placing 2nd, 3rd and 4th), he did it while significantly INJURED!  Hard not to like everything about the guy.  He is a great interview and wrestles a very entertaining style.  Throw in how perfectly he can Lateral Drop his Head Coach and you have a very special NCAA Champ!

As bad as the shoulder was reported to be, I think the wrist was probably worse. When you watched Clark get into the down position setting the left hand down was difficult. Heck even in the Terry Toss pic you can see he isn't using that hand.