Sign in to follow this  
AIW-HS

Stieber as a junior vs Retherford as a junior...who wins?

Maples had a sickness?

I think he had some kind of weird blood infection, or something. His last year he was off all year, and he barely even placed at NCAAs after an unbeaten title run the year before.

I agree with Vak. I think Stieber would still find a way to beat Zain. Stieber's a takedown machine. Would be a great match though.

Even though Zain did beat himi that one time, he wasn't even close the other two times. Logan really outclassed him from the feet. Zain has improved since then, of course, but most of his dominance is due to top wrestling and finally gaining enough strength to make what used to be a punishing ride into that face mush move everyone now knows and fears. But I still see a gap between Logan's TD ability and Zain's today.

I still like the Logie Bear, who would not choose down or be taken down.

Zain may make a World team this year. Every one favored to beat him may be at another weight class in this non Olympic year. This is a golden opportunity to make a team and win a medal. Historically speaking, the World championship the year after the Olympics is usually the weakest year in the "quad". That, combined with the fact of being new on the scene and largely flying under the radar can significantly boost the chances to win a medal. Getting a chance to sit out of the mini tournament at the trials is an a very enviable position.

It would be interesting to see who does better on top. Maybe they'd both rip each others limbs off. If only there was a Zaigan Steiberford.

If Brands does his job, Lee could become a smaller version of that mythical beast. His top game is at that level adjusted for his age and so are his TDsm (or not far behind).

I would say Lee on top is way ahead of where Retherford was at the same age. Retherford was more of a rider his true freshman year than a turner. He could build up riding time but he wasn't wrecking guys in the position until his RS SO year.

Stieber won the takedown battle 4-3 last April in his 8-6 win.  Zain's right with him now.  I don't think Junior Stieber beats Junior Zain.

Useful information, but that's only one data point. And that's from a match that he lost. I'm not convinced that Zain could consistently outwrestle Stieber from neutral.

Even though Zain did beat himi that one time, he wasn't even close the other two times. Logan really outclassed him from the feet. Zain has improved since then, of course, but most of his dominance is due to top wrestling and finally gaining enough strength to make what used to be a punishing ride into that face mush move everyone now knows and fears. But I still see a gap between Logan's TD ability and Zain's today.

I still like the Logie Bear, who would not choose down or be taken down.

They had a close match at OTTs.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk