#1 BobDole

BobDole

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:22 AM

1. Cael has the worst hair cut in the NCAA

2. The wrestlers smile sometimes

3. They have the most unoriginal singlets since Iowa.

4. Nepotism on the coaching staff

5. None of the coaches wrestled in the Big Ten

6. Cael doesn't use Twitter much

Add your own

• HurricaneWrestling likes this

#2 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:32 AM

How about that their fans often resort to addressing nonexistent criticisms about their program so they can feel smart?

#3 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 783 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:37 AM

They remind us of our own shortcomings and inadequacies?

• Wire, pipewrench and BobDole like this

#4 Angry_Fish

Angry_Fish

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:02 AM

God Squad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • pamela, TobusRex and swoopdown like this

"The bye to the WTT finals is not an advantage."   --- BraunnMann

#5 TobusRex

TobusRex

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:40 AM

The only thing that bothered me was the constant references to God and Jesus after winning. What's that say about the guy that just lost...he's cursed or something?

• pamela, Angry_Fish, LaxHawk174 and 1 other like this

#6 redblades

redblades

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:42 AM

They are on top of the heap.  Its just that simple.  I can remember when OSU were the bad guys, and Iowa before that.

#7 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:26 AM

1.  Not enough emphasis on freestyle hurts the longterm prospects of athletes following their unpaid folkstyle careers.  

This is still TBD..I hope the lesson will be learned from Taylor and the couple years it took him transition to start emphasizing freestyle day 1.  Varner also had great success internationally. Molinaro probably did about as well as he could have given the limitations of his wrestling style. Still, I'm a bit worried that all the talent goes to PSU given Cael's dislike of the style. I hope that he starts to take the approach with his elite talents (Hall, Nolf, Retherford, Nickal) that Ryan does with Snyder.  

#8 Fletcher

Fletcher

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:27 AM

When they inevitably are no longer at the top of the hill, their fans will become like the bitter Iowa fans longing for past glory - throwing dirty looks at anyone cheering for an opponent, leaving the arena en masse when their last guy of the round is done, and claiming everyone hates them when the truth is they're not good enough to hate anymore.

#9 stp

stp

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:31 AM

"We are"

#10 tloger

tloger
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:38 AM

Unfortunately dominance will bring hatred much like it did with Iowas dominance. Iowas persona during that of course never helps, but winning alone and dominating over the field will give people motivation to root against them. Comes with the territory. Even as clean cut PSU is, the masses outside their fan base will boo and cheer against them inevitable sadly.
  • JohnnyWishbone likes this

#11 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 783 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:39 AM

When they inevitably are no longer at the top of the hill, their fans will become like the bitter Iowa fans longing for past glory - throwing dirty looks at anyone cheering for an opponent, leaving the arena en masse when their last guy of the round is done, and claiming everyone hates them when the truth is they're not good enough to hate anymore.

So you're basically hating on them for things that they haven't done yet? Hmmm....

#12 tloger

tloger
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:39 AM

Unfortunately dominance will bring hatred much like it did with Iowas dominance. Iowas persona during that of course never helps, but winning alone and dominating over the field will give people motivation to root against them. Comes with the territory. Even as clean cut PSU is, the masses outside their fan base will boo and cheer against them inevitable sadly.

#13 cjc007

cjc007

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:44 AM

Andrew Long, clean cut?

You can't be serious.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  • rhino184 likes this

#14 RichB

RichB

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:49 AM

Live within 100 miles of State College

#15 buckshot1969

buckshot1969

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:50 AM

The only thing that bothered me was the constant references to God and Jesus after winning. What's that say about the guy that just lost...he's cursed or something?

I've always had a hard time with the God thing too.  I can see thanking God but to assume that God helps you win also has to assume God worked against the other guy.  And if God cared that much about sports why did he let Lance Armstrong or A-Fraud all of the success they had?

• TobusRex, conyewest, cauliflowerear and 1 other like this

#16 Fletcher

Fletcher

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:56 AM

I've always had a hard time with the God thing too.  I can see thanking God but to assume that God helps you win also has to assume God worked against the other guy.  And if God cared that much about sports why did he let Lance Armstrong or A-Fraud all of the success they had?

LaVallie did a long prayer mat-side before his match. Must have chosen the wrong god.

#17 Perry

Perry

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:03 AM

He clearly just didn't pray hard enough
  • rhino184 likes this

#18 JerryCallo

JerryCallo
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:05 AM

1. Cael has the worst hair cut in the NCAA

2. The wrestlers smile sometimes

3. They have the most unoriginal singlets since Iowa.

4. Nepotism on the coaching staff

5. None of the coaches wrestled in the Big Ten

6. Cael doesn't use Twitter much

Add your own

I really think it is 95% the ugly uniforms! 

YOU WERE SERIOUS ABOUT THAT?

#19 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:06 AM

So what you're saying is that God is pro steroids?

dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused%20Mark%20W

• rhino184 likes this

#20 rhino184

rhino184

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:27 AM

Former University Administrators that helped maintain a winning culture in football by turning a blind eye to potential child sex crimes. There's a heavy one 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users