BobDole

Reasons to Hate Penn State

1.  Not enough emphasis on freestyle hurts the longterm prospects of athletes following their unpaid folkstyle careers.  

This is still TBD..I hope the lesson will be learned from Taylor and the couple years it took him transition to start emphasizing freestyle day 1.  Varner also had great success internationally. Molinaro probably did about as well as he could have given the limitations of his wrestling style. Still, I'm a bit worried that all the talent goes to PSU given Cael's dislike of the style. I hope that he starts to take the approach with his elite talents (Hall, Nolf, Retherford, Nickal) that Ryan does with Snyder.  

When they inevitably are no longer at the top of the hill, their fans will become like the bitter Iowa fans longing for past glory - throwing dirty looks at anyone cheering for an opponent, leaving the arena en masse when their last guy of the round is done, and claiming everyone hates them when the truth is they're not good enough to hate anymore.

Unfortunately dominance will bring hatred much like it did with Iowas dominance. Iowas persona during that of course never helps, but winning alone and dominating over the field will give people motivation to root against them. Comes with the territory. Even as clean cut PSU is, the masses outside their fan base will boo and cheer against them inevitable sadly.

When they inevitably are no longer at the top of the hill, their fans will become like the bitter Iowa fans longing for past glory - throwing dirty looks at anyone cheering for an opponent, leaving the arena en masse when their last guy of the round is done, and claiming everyone hates them when the truth is they're not good enough to hate anymore.

So you're basically hating on them for things that they haven't done yet? Hmmm....

Unfortunately dominance will bring hatred much like it did with Iowas dominance. Iowas persona during that of course never helps, but winning alone and dominating over the field will give people motivation to root against them. Comes with the territory. Even as clean cut PSU is, the masses outside their fan base will boo and cheer against them inevitable sadly.

Andrew Long, clean cut?

You can't be serious.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The only thing that bothered me was the constant references to God and Jesus after winning. What's that say about the guy that just lost...he's cursed or something?

I've always had a hard time with the God thing too.  I can see thanking God but to assume that God helps you win also has to assume God worked against the other guy.  And if God cared that much about sports why did he let Lance Armstrong or A-Fraud all of the success they had?

I've always had a hard time with the God thing too.  I can see thanking God but to assume that God helps you win also has to assume God worked against the other guy.  And if God cared that much about sports why did he let Lance Armstrong or A-Fraud all of the success they had?

LaVallie did a long prayer mat-side before his match. Must have chosen the wrong god.

1. Cael has the worst hair cut in the NCAA

2. The wrestlers smile sometimes

3. They have the most unoriginal singlets since Iowa.

4. Nepotism on the coaching staff

5. None of the coaches wrestled in the Big Ten

6. Cael doesn't use Twitter much

Add your own

I really think it is 95% the ugly uniforms! 

So what you're saying is that God is pro steroids?

dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused%20Mark%20W

Former University Administrators that helped maintain a winning culture in football by turning a blind eye to potential child sex crimes. There's a heavy one 

and a fan base that still thinks jopa was the biggest victim in the whole thing

sickos

I've always had a hard time with the God thing too. I can see thanking God but to assume that God helps you win also has to assume God worked against the other guy. And if God cared that much about sports why did he let Lance Armstrong or A-Fraud all of the success they had?

It doesn't logically follow that if God helps you win, that he's also working against the other guy to lose. Nothing that I have personally heard the PSU guys say is even inconsistent with the position that God actually lends a greater "helping hand" to the person that they just defeated.

Anyway, "God's Team" is a pretty unique name for someone in the role of the heel.

Edited by bigmik

Oh God and gee whiz my religious beliefs are so personal to me.

Nevertheless, those Lions that did (talk about that stuff) were stating their gratitude. I am sure of that. And that--just after the intense 'heat of battle'. Shoot, how bout the Cornell kid that went off on…

and I mean… man did he go off on-some sort of tangent. However, in the end the Cornell wrestler sorta sounded pretty damn funny. Was that Palacio ? Not about his God -or- maybe he did ? 

Point is, to each his own. I have not read all of these tourney related posts just yet. Perhaps others have (also) written about the Cornell kid ?

In answer to Bob Dole and his timely topic, I have no reasons to hate Penn State wrestling. Butt I do have lots and lots of reasons to like the professor and his merry young men. Who all have fun.

Former University Administrators that helped maintain a winning culture in football by turning a blind eye to potential child sex crimes. There's a heavy one 

Awful rhino -- below the waist