• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#101 Joe24

Joe24

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

Former University Administrators that helped maintain a winning culture in football by turning a blind eye to potential child sex crimes. There's a heavy one 

...and a very old one that doesn't really relate to PSU wrestling. 

#102 Jasonmitchell32

Jasonmitchell32

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:35 PM

No JOE PA chants in the arena?

In PA a reason to dislike Penn St is because every minivan has a blue paw print sticker.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I hate those stickers......

And Joe Definitely Knew....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#103 boconnell

boconnell

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:50 PM

bocconell,

I am not sure that I 'get' your point ? I, however, will make every attempt to get it. I do keep a breast of current events….just like a dog on a bone. Especially since we got a wing nut in the oval office.

About the recent guilty pleas, and more :

It all saddens me. More than I can put into words. Those pleas are part and parcel of that entire crime scene.

The events that lead up to said guilty pleas are unacceptable. Hurting children in that way, or in any way, is indeed sad. Those horrible crimes will likely stay with the kids for their entire life.

Maybe not ? Those of us within the field of behavior health can help/treat not only the child, but entire families.This is a family illness. Each and every family member is deeply and profoundly

affected in some way.  To that end --there is hope.

Acceptance can be the final step for some -or- all who strive to get back, and into a healthy stream of  life.

Additionally, treatment can bring those children + some family members closer to some semblance of normalcy and sanity.          

My point was simply this;

I don't hold it even slightly against PSU wrestling at all, but I understand why some would hold it against the entire university.  I think you should allow that some people will always have hard feelings about this.  

#104 Jasonmitchell32

Jasonmitchell32

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:08 PM

It was centered around the football program but it definitely included the greater athletic administration (the AD just plead guilty last week), and greater school administration (a vice president of the school just plead guilty as well).

Just like other sports at Baylor have had to deal with the fallout of the football program, so did other sports at PSU. I bet the other sports at these schools did not complain about being associated with football when they used the awesome athletic facilities that came from football money to help recruit for their sports.

I personally will never root against PSU wrestling because of what happened. I don't even associate the two with each other. Cael and his entire program seem like stand up people. But many people are personally affected by abuse and will never look at the school the same again. I don't agree, but who am I (or you) to tell them it's negative and they aren't allowed to feel that way. Same with anyone affected by rape looking at Baylor different.

And I'll close by saying the way to achieve an end to hurtful behavior is not to never talk about it.

I can easily root against the program and any other teams up there. The university and the positions it's taken over the years disgust me. 409 is more important than admissions of wrongdoing and correcting (or at least accepting responsibility for) the wrongdoings. No - wrestling had nothing to do with it - but I despise what the place is and has become.

That said - I've been watching most of those kids wrestle for years and i am truly a fan of a number of them - Zain and Nolf mainly. Bo has always irked me - but that's a personality thing - not b/c he's up there. And I found myself not liking Hall with how he carried himself after the finals. Again - personality thing - not b/c he goes to that school

The last issue is the general "we are above it all" attitude that permeates everything here in central PA. It tends to get old and creates the hate.

Just chiming in - sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#105 Jasonmitchell32

Jasonmitchell32

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

I can easily root against the program and any other teams up there. The university and the positions it's taken over the years disgust me. 409 is more important than admissions of wrongdoing and correcting (or at least accepting responsibility for) the wrongdoings. No - wrestling had nothing to do with it - but I despise what the place is and has become.

That said - I've been watching most of those kids wrestle for years and i am truly a fan of a number of them - Zain, Nick and Nolf mainly. Bo has always irked me - but that's a personality thing - not b/c he's up there. And I found myself not liking Hall with how he carried himself after the finals. Again - personality thing - not b/c he goes to that school

The last issue is the general "we are above it all" attitude that permeates everything here in central PA. It tends to get old and creates the hate.

Just chiming in - sorry.

#106 21guns

21guns

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

I think he was just praying for an extra gas tank that evening.  He did well the first 1.5 periods, but Nolf inevitably wore him out.  I give him credit since I think he absolutely did his best. 

Not really.  He stalled his ass off and the only reason he ever engaged was Nolf forced him to.  

Berger did the same thing.

Edited by 21guns, 22 March 2017 - 02:13 PM.

#107 potentiallydangerous

potentiallydangerous
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

While their basketball team is mediocre, I enjoyed the coach, Patrick Chambers, calling the refs a joke after a Maryland game 2 years ago over Melo Trimble drawing fouls for flopping and the ref calling a foul on the Penn St kid when he was tripped by the Maryland kid. He was fined $10,000. I emailed him and told him he was right and he replied.

#108 denny

denny

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

Yeah I may have posted this b4 ? Although to make sure….. I'm thinking that there are no outside influences that have had a negative impact on the professor and his merry men. 

#109 mjg89

mjg89
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

I stated why I dislike Penn State University.

Thirty three victims have been paid 93 million dollars by penn state due to their University President and Joe Paterno covering up for Sandusky.

Penn State showed me what really mattered. Not stopping a pedophile predator, but protecting the University and their beloved football coach's reputation.

Scumbag University. F state Penn!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Plenty of other forums where you can express your opinion about Sandusky.

Obviously you decided to go there in this wrestling forum because you had NOTHING creative, intelligent, funny, critical or remotely interesting to add to the conversation. Must be a hole you can crawl back down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users