Sign in to follow this  
okwrestle

Iowa State

VT finished at or near the bottom the first couple years dresser took over but made progressive strides real quick. The cyclone program is in better shape than what dresser inherited at VT so I'm guessing they should be a top 20 in 5 years or so.

Eight finished below them. Chatanooga even had Minus 1/2 point. Boise State had zero.

I think Coach Dresser will get things turned around and the program headed up in short order.

Sad to see Coach Jackson was not able to get it done. A darned good man, excellent wrestler and many of us thought he would be good for ISU all the way around. Hope he does well as he moves forward.

nope saw some new faces on the podium this year with other guys who returned not making it including the guy who took 3rd last year

Fair enough.    I could see making an AA prediction, but 3rd though?  Who do you have ahead of him if you don't mind my asking?  1st seems pretty obvious but who do you have taking second?  because to me that looks wide open. 

Fair enough.    I could see making an AA prediction, but 3rd though?  Who do you have ahead of him if you don't mind my asking?  1st seems pretty obvious but who do you have taking second?  because to me that looks wide open. 

wide open to a select few I should say.  In other words, like 6 guys could easily slip in there depending on the day. 

Fair enough. I could see making an AA prediction, but 3rd though? Who do you have ahead of him if you don't mind my asking? 1st seems pretty obvious but who do you have taking second? because to me that looks wide open.

I don't really have a definitive place for him because 141 is a deep weight class. I just think based on seeing him this past season it's very reasonable that he makes the podium. He's got the talent to place high just can't say if he will or not.

I said top 3 that's the low end nobody in the weight is a clear cut favorite, Heil keep matches way too close he's bound to let someone squeak one out on him. 

I have a feeling this move may backfire on Dresser.  Eerily similar to Mark Cody to Oklahoma.  If you look at how Dresser built Va Tech up, most of his guys came from the northeast.  Kids from the northeast, for whatever reason, maybe the exposure of the football team or the weather etc, want to go to Va Tech.  I grew up in the northeast and always had a high opinion of Va Tech.  Iowa State...not so much.  I've rarely see a kid walking around with an Iowa State sweatshirt on but I see a ton of Va Tech.  I just think Va Tech is a much easier sell and much more appealing than Ia St.  I could and would have no problem being wrong and Dresser will be a richer man either way but that's my gut feeling on this one.  Cael knew Iowa States limitations and that's his alma mater.     

I have a feeling this move may backfire on Dresser.  Eerily similar to Mark Cody to Oklahoma.  If you look at how Dresser built Va Tech up, most of his guys came from the northeast.  Kids from the northeast, for whatever reason, maybe the exposure of the football team or the weather etc, want to go to Va Tech.  I grew up in the northeast and always had a high opinion of Va Tech.  Iowa State...not so much.  I've rarely see a kid walking around with an Iowa State sweatshirt on but I see a ton of Va Tech.  I just think Va Tech is a much easier sell and much more appealing than Ia St.  I could and would have no problem being wrong and Dresser will be a richer man either way but that's my gut feeling on this one.  Cael knew Iowa States limitations and that's his alma mater.     

He also had the benefits of grabbing Dance/Epperly (maybe others too?) from his former program. I think he will do a fine job at ISU, but not sure he (or anyone else) can bring them back to the top.

Are you new to college wrestling or wrestling period? Travel around the U.S. and you'll see way more ISU wrestling gear then any VT. If Cael had stayed he'd be having the same success at ISU right now.