Sign in to follow this  
smittyfan

Cruz

I just watched his post title presser.  When a few of you were predicting this guy could win it all, I thought he had no chance.  After watching his interview, I am now officially a fan.  Guy has special written all over him.  Great mind set, and just tough as nails.  Tip of the hat to Flo for letting us non-members watch promotional vids like this. 

Agree about Cruz. He's been my favorite on the team since he arrived on South Mountain.

Don't need to go to Flo. Search YouTube for individuals by name and all the NCAA stuff will pop up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by lu_alum

He sucks!   I don't understand why ANYONE would like him. He ruined everyone's favorite wrestler's chance to win an NCAA Championship.  Gilman even went out of his way to show respect by trying to get into opposing team's huddles to say kind things.  He even helped Waters realign his vertebrae by letting him have a horsey back ride.  Don't forget his countless interviews showing his dedication to his team and the sport while showing nothing but respect to his opponents.

What has Cruz done to even compare???

He sucks!   I don't understand why ANYONE would like him. He ruined everyone's favorite wrestler's chance to win an NCAA Championship.  Gilman even went out of his way to show respect by trying to get into opposing team's huddles to say kind things.  He even helped Waters realign his vertebrae by letting him have a horsey back ride.  Don't forget his countless interviews showing his dedication to his team and the sport while showing nothing but respect to his opponents.

Genius is often mis-understood.  

He got near and stopped the machine in use.

Beyond the maturity and composure he's demonstrated, I'll switch back to his athleticism.

I always knew he was very talented from neutral due to his quickness and good positioning. However, until this year. I always feared that he was too small to win an NCAA title against the bigger and/or stronger 125s.

He showed a great level of development this year in his mat wrestling - particularly his tilt series that can be hit from anywhere. In addition, he improved his strength considerably. Review the post-SF interviews in which Gilman was surprised how strong Cruz was; and Cruz was surprised that Gilman was not as strong as he thought.

Edited by lu_alum

There was a reason for that, but it had nothing to do with the kids and their demeanor.

I been to tournaments where I've see adult fans go up to these wrestlers as kids and chew them out INDIVIDUALLY for having gone to BECA.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Standard non-public hating.

That, plus the big/small school thing.

Didn't a team threaten to boycott the D-11 AA duals over this? BeCaHi moved up to AAA afterward and won the state title there.

What's the backstory here? I know nothing.

Some people in the LV did not appreciate the fact that Bethlehem Catholic had kids from various areas including NJ on their team yet were allowed to compete with the public schools. I don't agree with how some "adults" handled it as the Becahi kids are good kids but I understand their frustration. I'll leave it at that as this thread celebrates a great kid.

That, plus the big/small school thing.

Didn't a team threaten to boycott the D-11 AA duals over this? BeCaHi moved up to AAA afterward and won the state title there.

One team forfeited out one year in a wrestle-in bout the couple of nights before- The coach was sanctioned for a year or two. I do remember hearing some vague talk about another team threatening to forfeit the dual at the duals themselves. It got cleared up quickly.

Don't forget that the first year of these duals Rohn threw in Northampton JVs. To be fair to him, they had a terrible schedule. It was right before districts. Although he caught he%% he was right and they changed the schedule the next year.