Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher

Cleveland Hotels

Question for the OSU fans - what's the best hotel within walking distance of Quicken Loans arena? I see there's a Four Seasons - I don't deserve that, but maybe something a cut below, but still walkable.

Is there an NCAA designated hotel?

For what it's worth, I just booked the Hampton Inn that's about a half-mile from the Q.

Great call, SHP.  Just booked the same place myself.  Only Hilton property that shows availability.  Can't beat $107/night, if willing to do advanced purchase (or $123 for refundable/changeable).

The train runs from Shaker Heights on the east side directly downtown.  You can stay at one of the many hotels at 271 and chagrin in Beachwood, drive 5 minutes in the morning to the train parking and take the rapid transit (that's what we call the train service) directly to the Q.  At night, you walk from the Q to the train and take it back to Shaker, hop in your car and drive 5-7 minutes to your hotel.  I can assist anyone interested in making these arrangements if you send me a private message.  It's just another option.  

Any advice from Cleveland locals appreciated.

We're thinking about getting a large Air BnB house and then using public transportation to get to and from the venue.  Is this workable?  Good neighborhoods near a train?

Edited by Plasmodium

FYI - per my online research, the Radisson, Marriott downtown, Marriott residence inn, Renaissance, Hampton Inn, and Hilton Garden Inn are all booked. You may get better results if you call them directly, but this is what each website says.

Availability still at the Kimpton ($449/night), Westin (about the same) and Ritz Carlton ($340/nt.). Obviously, these are the more expensive options, which may explain their availability.