Sign in to follow this  
gowrestle

Brief Thoughts on Programs

Cael's entire wrestling career is second to none. He has always acted with class. PSU is very good academically and it is a fun place to go to school.

Ohio State is much the same as PSU but now the Nittany Lions are on top.

Iowa is led by a controversial coach.

Oklahoma State has good coaching but the school doesn't have the academic reputation of most other state universities.

VTech is on the rise but will be on hold until their new coach proves himself.

Cornell is the top Ivy school but Princeton is catching up.

Just can't explain Lehigh. Good coach, great tradition, but may be considered a boring place to be.

Fill in the blanks please:

gowrestle

Edited by gowrestle

Lehigh is boring and brown and the average age of their fan base is on social security. Bring an aggressive style to the program and change the color and they would be better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Lehigh is boring and brown and the average age of their fan base is on social security. Bring an aggressive style to the program and change the color and they would be better.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yep. The only acceptable school colors are chosen among: black, white, red, green, yellow, blue, orange and purple. And you call Lehigh boring?  I would call you a maroon, but you would think that is a comment on intellectual level. 

What? OU has a good academic reputation!!

Oklahoma State on the other hand...well, let's put it this way. If you want to be a doctor or a dentist...go to OU. You want to be a veterinarian..go to OSU :D

vet school is more exclusive than med school

Cael's entire wrestling career is second to none. He has always acted with class. PSU is very good academically and it is a fun place to go to school.

Ohio State is much the same as PSU but now the Nittany Lions are on top.

Iowa is led by a controversial coach.

Oklahoma State has good coaching but the school doesn't have the academic reputation of most other state universities.

VTech is on the rise but will be on hold until their new coach proves himself.

Cornell is the top Ivy school but Princeton is catching up.

Just can't explain Lehigh. Good coach, great tradition, but may be considered a boring place to be.

Fill in the blanks please:

gowrestle

You must be kidding.

He's not the best wrestler in the US, let alone the world.

How could you possibly believe his one Olympic title is better than Lee Kemp's three world championships? Let alone John Smith's 6 and Bruce's 5 world championships.

Then there the Russians with Medved, B. Satiev, Beloglssov, Fadzayev, Khadarsyev, Tedishivilli, Andiyev, Khabelov, Gataslov, Aliev, Ivanitsky, Timing, Makhov, etc.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You must be kidding.

How could you possibly believe his one Olympic title is better than Lee Kemp's three world championships? Let alone John Smith's 6 and Bruce's 5 world championships.

Then there the Russians with Medved, B. Satiev, Beloglssov, Fadzayev, Khadarsyev, Tedishivilli, Andiyev, Khabelov, Gataslov, Aliev, Ivanitsky, Timing, Makhov, etc.

You have an interesting opinion as so do I. 😉

You must be kidding.

Wow, someone certainly had a nerve frazzled! Saying Cael's career was second to none is an expression. Its deliberately vague but implies greatness. To say his career didn't exemplify greatness would be silly...

Wow, someone certainly had a nerve frazzled! Saying Cael's career was second to none is an expression. Its deliberately vague but implies greatness. To say his career didn't exemplify greatness would be silly...

BINGO (Another expression😊)

Minnesota did surprisingly well. Look to see the Gophers make their way to to top. Program is still recovering from the recent scandal.

Rutgers' future hinges on Ashnault's success. Goodale has done an outstanding job. Rutgers is comparable academically to most big public universities. If Ashnault can win a national championship or at least make the finals, more NJ kids will give the school a good look.

Lock Haven is working hard to be the next Edinboro. Coach Moore is doing all the right things. If Marstella turns his life around, his success will help the achool located in Mat Town, USA, return to national prominence.

Missouri has one of the best coaches. Brian Smith is professional, cares about his wrestlers, and runs excellent practices. Those that are close to college wrestling, were not surprised with the school's great NCAA finish.

Michigan has finally gotten back on track. After a period of time when mediocrity was the norm, Big Blue will soon earn a Top 5 NCAA finish. Coach Joe is recruiting the athletes that will keep the progress going.

I guess someone is so obsessed with Lehigh's chocolate brown uniforms because, so many of the big shots at his school will soon be wearing the cocoa pink-brown uniforms of the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections. Don't worry, they won't dig up Saint Joe and put a DoC uniform on him.

Edited by RichB

Ok state

Just side note , I coached one of parents of one of wrestlers on team.

Spoke to wife , when they visited all schools as kid was recruited highly.

They walked away feeling Coach Smith was right person to make there son a better person in 4 years.

Great compliment to John Smith, most coaches are class guys but he stood out. Just some parents ( smart ones)are looking past wrestling.

In assuming there will be recruits going to different schools for different reasons.

Can't deny Penn state is getting

The Lions share.

Frank C

Edited by cangemi

Minnesota did surprisingly well. Look to see the Gophers make their way to to top. Program is still recovering from the recent scandal.

Rutgers' future hinges on Ashnault's success. Goodale has done an outstanding job. Rutgers is comparable academically to most big public universities. If Ashnault can win a national championship or at least make the finals, more NJ kids will give the school a good look.

Lock Haven is working hard to be the next Edinboro. Coach Moore is doing all the right things. If Marstella turns his life around, his success will help the achool located in Mat Town, USA, return to national prominence.

Missouri has one of the best coaches. Brian Smith is professional, cares about his wrestlers, and runs excellent practices. Those that are close to college wrestling, were not surprised with the school's great NCAA finish.

Michigan has finally gotten back on track. After a period of time when mediocrity was the norm, Big Blue will soon earn a Top 5 NCAA finish. Coach Joe is recruiting the athletes that will keep the progress going.

RU would certainly benefit tremendously with an Ashnault finals appearance win or lose but I also believe Goodale's team has a realistic shot at 4 AA's next year which would again raise the program's profile

RU would certainly benefit tremendously with an Ashnault finals appearance win or lose but I also believe Goodale's team has a realistic shot at 4 AA's next year which would again raise the program's profile

I agree.  I think they are in good shape to have 3-4 AAs next season as well. 

I think getting some mix of guys like Gravina, Lewis, Dippery, Van Brill, Giraldo, and/or Delvechio AA status would do just as much if not more than an Ashnault finals appearance. Showing development is key and I think we are starting to see it.  Not many would have picked Theobold to AA when he came in to the program (which was awesome btw), but many people picked Ashnault to no matter what Rutgers did with him. 

Edited by ironmonkey

I agree.  I think they are in good shape to have 3-4 AAs next season as well. 

I think getting some mix of guys like Gravina, Lewis, Dippery, Van Brill, Giraldo, and/or Delvechio AA status would do just as much if not more than an Ashnault finals appearance. Showing development is key and I think we are starting to see it.  Not many would have picked Theobold to AA when he came in to the program (which was awesome btw), but many people picked Ashnault to no matter what Rutgers did with him.

Dippery at Rider next year.