Sign in to follow this  
gowrestle

Brief Thoughts on Programs

No where in the original post that you quoted from said Cael was the greatest ever. It said his career was "2nd to none". Hence an expression.

"2nd to none" = "Nobody is higher" = "Maybe 1st, or at least tied for first" = "Best, or at least tied for best"

An expression to be sure.

An expression that means nobody else is better, leaving the argument that some may be as good.

"2nd to none" = "Nobody is higher" = "Maybe 1st, or at least tied for first" = "Best, or at least tied for best"

An expression to be sure.

An expression that means nobody else is better, leaving the argument that some may be as good.

Sorry I guess when your mother told you you were the "best" or "greatest ever" she was lying/wrong.

Arizona State. Kids visiting the campus on recruiting trips have to be amazed at the warm and inviting atmosphere.

If I were to choose based on location it would be Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Right on the West Coast. Surfing and bathing suit beauties all over the place. No actual Winter at all. Get a Ryan, Cael or Smith there and they would be near the top of the pile.

Cal State Bakersfield, Fresno and Boise State are all the same... Cleveland wannabees in the West.

Then you have Wyoming and North Dakota to make Iowa look attractive.

If Dan Gable had not stopped Barry Davis before he ate that bag of potato chips, maybe Wisconsin would have had a better wrestling coach the past 25 years.

What he heck do that mean?????is there a story here???

It will be interesting to see if OU goes young or throws in the towel next year.  You'd think Demas, Mantanona, and Woodley could win their spots if they don't redshirt.  Maybe even Litterell if he goes 133. 

Edited by LemonPie

You amaze me Gimp! You know everything! Okay, here's one for you: Where did Bob Latessa end up?

Lakota HS, OH Not sure if East or West. I think the schools merged and Jim Lehman from Blairstown took over the other one and then the merged school as I understand.

Arizona State. Kids visiting the campus on recruiting trips have to be amazed at the warm and inviting atmosphere.

If I were to choose based on location it would be Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Right on the West Coast. Surfing and bathing suit beauties all over the place. No actual Winter at all. Get a Ryan, Cael or Smith there and they would be near the top of the pile.

Cal State Bakersfield, Fresno and Boise State are all the same... Cleveland wannabees in the West.

Then you have Wyoming and North Dakota to make Iowa look attractive.

Not sure I could stay motivated in a place like that..... WAY too many distractions! Could you imagine going to practice when it's 85, sunny and you can smell the saltwater air?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakota HS, OH Not sure if East or West. I think the schools merged and Jim Lehman from Blairstown took over the other one and then the merged school as I understand.

Thanks. Haven't seen Bob Latessa since he left Lehigh. He was a great coach both at Lehigh and Blair. I am sure he is leaving a powerful mark in Ohio.

RU would certainly benefit tremendously with an Ashnault finals appearance win or lose but I also believe Goodale's team has a realistic shot at 4 AA's next year which would again raise the program's profile

Rider had 2 AA and one blood round loss.  There is no way they should be competing better than Rutgers.

Rider had 2 AA and one blood round loss.  There is no way they should be competing better than Rutgers.

I don't think they are.  Rutgers had 2 AAs and 2 Blood Round losses in addition to a tougher schedule and a higher team ranking.  Probably too similar for some fans liking, but how is Rider competing better?  Why aren't these teams wrestling an annual dual anyway?