Sign in to follow this  
greco_gilligan

Any one else heard the rumors about the Hawks bringing in a new assistant?

All BS aside, I've been saying they need fresh blood on the assistant team for years now. Someone with a different (non-Hawkeye) but impressive pedigree. There's nothing wrong with the current staff, but they could use a different look to complement the peogram's direction. I always thought a guy like JO would be a huge addition.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

All BS aside, I've been saying they need fresh blood on the assistant team for years now. Someone with a different (non-Hawkeye) but impressive pedigree. There's nothing wrong with the current staff, but they could use a different look to complement the peogram's direction. I always thought a guy like JO would be a huge addition.

What is Lincoln McIlravy doing? Is he completely out of wrestling? I always thought he would be a great fit as an assistant. An Iowa guy, super successful, and had one of the most dynamic offensive arsenals out there... very exciting to watch. I guess he's getting a little old and might not be a young hip name though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lincoln Mac was one of my favorites, but I think the Hawks need someone well-versed in modern techniques too. Aside from Kemmerer, who was a great scrambler way before he set foot in Iowa, and Cory Clark, who's now gone, the rest of the team often looks lost in scrambles. Wrestling technique has evolved. Doesn't mean the time-tested fundamentals don't apply anymore (they always will), but you have to respect and teach the new stuff too now.

What is Lincoln McIlravy doing? Is he completely out of wrestling? I always thought he would be a great fit as an assistant. An Iowa guy, super successful, and had one of the most dynamic offensive arsenals out there... very exciting to watch. I guess he's getting a little old and might not be a young hip name though.

I seem to recall reading that Lincoln really had no interest in coaching.  Got married in college, started a family when a senior, and basically didn't want the stress and all-consuming aspect that came with being a coach.

I seem to recall reading that Lincoln really had no interest in coaching. Got married in college, started a family when a senior, and basically didn't want the stress and all-consuming aspect that came with being a coach.

He owns and/or manages a bunch of hotels now and yes - I recall seeing he has no interest in coaching (other than his kids in youth).