pish6969

Who is your team?

Almost forgot Lehigh and Wyoming, the color brown does not belong on an athletic uniform.

For D1 at least:

1) Wyoming (I love the yellow singlets! If you're gonna make it ugly, at least go all out)

2) Ohio State

3) Oklahoma State

Edited by Yellow_Medal

I don't have a favorite team. I can appreciate what PSU did, and was excited for OSU when they won it. This year I rooted for Clark of Iowa but against Gilman. I was somewhat disappointed that Gabe Dean lost and was thrilled at the pin by Joseph. Mark Hall is great and I can easily see cheering for Valencia against him next year if they are at the same weight. I truly am an equal opportunity wrestling fan.

Mostly a Rutgers Fan but also follow Princeton, Rider and Lehigh

Used to follow Hofstra & American when Ryan and Cody were there

I also like coaches Cael, Brands, Kolat, Stutzman, Koll, Santoro

pretty much a fan of all wrestling

also follow F&M since my son wrestled one year there before HEW

Edited by vsnej

OU fan, but I root for OSU when they aren't wrestling OU. Odd, that, since I find the "Cowboy style" of wrestling to be kinda dull (usually), lol. 

I like many teams though. I like how aggressive PSU's guys are with turns, always working for points. Mizzou's blue collar team/coach. Cornell's bafflingly good IVY team. I like Iowa's knowledgeable fans, but their "bully" act on the mat is getting old. That's Brands' fault, but the Brands boys are the most entertaining thing about the Hawkeyes now.

I am a fan of DI Wrestling first and foremost.  I don't owe an explanation to anyone. Still, My loyalty is to MSU 1st and foremost, from a team perspective.  However, I had a falling out after the Athletic Department ignored any/all attempts to discuss their lack of interest in how bad things had become and their allowing Minkel to run the place into the ground.  We were actually very good during my time.  Being a walk on then actually meant something.  I like Chris and Roger, but they are in too deep of a hole that no one short of a Rockstar could dig them out of.  Even with the Rockstar, there is little he could do without a huge increase in support from the Athletic Department in both pushing for success and updating the facilities necessary to start improving recruiting.  I will always have a spot in my heart for MSU, but I am no longer the fan I was simply because the AD doesn't care about it.  I can't support them until they actually deserve support and that doesn't mean them winning.  It means them trying to put together a winning format and actually be on par with what the other B1G teams are doing.  We have been in the cellar for some time due to being subpar in EVERY category.  That is, again, on the AD.

With the above said, I started being an Iowa fan mainly due to Brands and Metcalf via VTech.  During my time, some roughly 20 years ago, there was no love for Iowa, but respect was earned.  Now that I follow the High School kids closely I will be a fan of even UofM when one of the kids is from Michigan.

Finally, I am also a fan of OkState because I spent some small time training in Stillwater after College and he was a genuinely nice guy.  I think he does things the right way and want to see him get another title.

So ,essentially here is my "fandom" order:

1a.)DI Wrestling

1b.)MSU-although I would say I am mainly hibernating until I see some signs that the Athletic Program is actually supporting improvement.

3.)Iowa

4.)Schools with Michigan wrestlers on their roster.

5.)OkState

If you don't like it because you are a blind fan of 1 team, TOO DAMN BAD!

Edited by MSU158

JMU...oh wait...

guess then it goes>

Virginia D1 colleges. I'll hop on the bandwagon of whatever team is doing well that year though ODU is my least favorite of the Va schools (ancient history/don't care for Martin). Generally speaking of the D1 schools it goes Tech, UVa, VMI, GMU, ODU.  

Virginia HS kids wrestling anywhere

rooting realistically for national championship this year? PSU, then Ohio St, then Iowa, anyone but Ok St

Edited by KTG119

1. Michigan (alma mater)

2. Iowa (always was a Gable fan)

3. Michigan State (have a graduate degree from them)

Beyond that, I tend to root for underdogs (younger, unproven wrestlers who may be starting to emerge), seniors (last chance to do or die), returning finalists (same as last one), and teams with athletes or coaches that I've come to admire over time, as long as they're not wrestling one of the above three teams.