pish6969

Who is your team?

Loaded topic for me as I'm a UM grad and think very highly of Joe McFarland but a lifelong Ohio resident who has coached wrestlers that have competed for Ohio State.  Ultimately, I root first and foremost for the Buckeyes (root against them in everything else) although I take pride in UM wrestling and their great tradition.

I also respect:

Minnesota--superb technicians who compete with passion

PSU--I want to root against them but they're brilliant performers.  If I were young and a top shelf wrestler with mighty ambition, Cael's  the guy I'd want teaching me how to get getter.

Mizzou--Brian Smith proves the value of high level coaching year in and year out.

Kent State--Up until this year, when the roof caved in, Jim Andrassy used spite and guile to take sub average recruits and turn them into competitors.

Notre Dame College--From the moment this program was conceived, it's been championship caliber in D2 and NAIA. 

Also have a great deal of admiration for Kevin Dresser and Tom Borelli.   I do think Dresser may struggle to shape ISU into a high level contender while in his mid 50's.  

Edited by silver-medal

I am sure most of you on here have been a PSU fan for at least the last 6-7 years…that's just way too easy. Iowa…OK State…tOSU…PSU…blah blah blah…. Only the strong can be Oregon State fans. Go Beavs!

1. still 34 and counting, sigh.

2. Sooners, really hope that Roselli is able to turn around this once great program though I am starting to have my doubts since he has already turned into an afterthought to most wrestling fans.

3. Wyoming and NC State, two former Cowboy's doing good things as head coaches

Last. Iowa Squawkeye's.....its just the normal nature of being a Cowboy fan

Next to last...PSU, quickly moving down the list.

I am sure most of you on here have been a PSU fan for at least the last 6-7 years…that's just way too easy. Iowa…OK State…tOSU…PSU…blah blah blah…. Only the strong can be Oregon State fans. Go Beavs!

Or Pitt fans - HTP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iowa Alum and fan so the Hawkeyes will always be my favorite.  But I love great wrestling wherever I find it, and I'll grudgingly admit that there is some beautiful wrestling going right now at PSU. 

Respect!

Guest Kingsland

Wrestlers from PA

Cornell

Penn and Drexel

Edited by Kingsland

DIV I

1. Mizzou

2. SIU-Edwardsville

3. Any MO or STL area Kids that are on a team

4. Anyone wrestling Iowa

DIV II

Lindenwood, Maryville, Drury, McKendree, Truman, Central MO

NAIA

Mo Baptist, Williams Baptist

Edited by killdozer

Sooners, really hope that Roselli is able to turn around this once great program though I am starting to have my doubts since he has already turned into an afterthought to most wrestling fans.

It's a little too early to be assigning any blame to Roselli. I don't think anybody doubts his coaching skills, the real question is whether he can attract the high level recruits he needs to turn the program around. OU can help Roselli recruit by improving their facilities, but I find it hard to believe that Lou can recruit against guys like Cael, Smith, Brands, Dresser, etc, on an even basis. Everybody knows those guys, not so many know Roselli. If Lou could score a high profile assistant that would carry a lot of weight.

I wish OU would quit recruiting the southeastern states. Those guys almost always disappoint.

PA KIDS FOREMOST:

1. Bloomsburg

2. Rider

3. Navy

4. Lehigh

5. Cornell

6.  PSU(always was the enemy but now my daughter attends PSU....at the Pennsylvania States, Mark Hall was sitting right in front of us and signing some autographs for kids.  I asked my daughter if he looked familiar and she had no idea who he was)

Edited by pennsyrules

PA KIDS FOREMOST:

1. Bloomsburg

2. Rider

3. Navy

4. Lehigh

5. Cornell

6.  PSU(always was the enemy but now my daughter attends PSU....at the Pennsylvania States, Mark Hall was sitting right in front of us and signing some autographs for kids.  I asked my daughter if he looked familiar and she had no idea who he was)

The Field.  Another vote.

My story is rather strange but I enjoy telling it. Having had to give up wrestling as my school did not offer it, I fell away for a couple of decades. Then, when my son started wrestling I got into it again. My alma mater did not have wrestling so I started rooting for TN kids (where I grew up) Jordan Leen, Phillip Simpson so Cornell, Army, etc. I also root for NV kids (presently living in Vegas) Joey Lavallee, Bryce Sadoris, Chase Pami so Missouri, Navy, Cal Poly. Wrestling, although I played football in college I have no problems admitting that I think this is the finest sport in the world, is such a great sport for underdogs. If you're willing to work your ass off and put in the time anybody can achieve a level of success it just takes hard work which is what made this country great. I absolutely love the sport and the guys from small states and/or schools who come out of nowhere and achieve great things. There is one school though that I will always root for. And that is the school that recruits my son, Connor Bourne, to go and wrestle there, lol. But, if I had to pick:

1. Cornell

2. Any service academy

3. Utah Valley