Sign in to follow this  
Flying-Tiger

Will Rei Higuchi wrestle for Penn State?!

The thought didn't even cross my mind at first, but I'm thinking to myself why all of a sudden are we hearing about these weight changes at the lower weights.

He's young so he has eligibility.  It would be nice to see Penn State solidify their lineup for next year :-)

Edited by Flying-Tiger

The thought didn't even cross my mind at first, but I'm thinking to myself why all of a sudden are we hearing about these weight changes at the lower weights.

He's young so he has eligibility.  It would be nice to see Penn State solidify their lineup for next year :-)

Only Tom Ryan would waste someone's time with folkstyle.  I doubt any international wrestlers have bought into the bs that a college folkstyle season is the best training environment.   Maybe Rei needs to work on his conditioning!!! FOLK!

Edited by LemonPie

I can see it.  Sunny Abe was a successful free to folk convert at PSU, why not Higuchi?  Plus he could do abbreviated folk/free schedule a la Kyle Synder.

Doing that and being successful at HWT is vastly different than at a light weight where top and bottom skills are on an entirely different plane of existence. 

He was 61kg with day before weighins for Juniors not too long ago, I don't see 125 with weekly hour before weghins happening. 

Hey, the same people who said Nato to 125, are saying Rei will go....just sayin.

Apparently the guy has a great swing single. After he hits a perfect shot, it'll be a big shock to him when his opponent grabs an ankle and pulls guard for a stalemate.

I really hope they address this in the rules this off season. TRow and Askern were talking about this the other day and I agree with their thoughts. Some guys can use that position to create offense - and that's fine. A lot of guys use that position to simply tie up the legs and create stalemates - that should be stalling along the lines of dropping to the legs when on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said on the international forum, all i know is Highuchi is only 21 now, and therefore the perfect age to start next year as a Penn State true freshman.

That's awesome ... can someone please start a thread titled "If you grew up in Japan and won an Olympic medal and trained in a college wrestling room are you truly a true freshman if in your first year of wrestling you are 21?"