Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

How does a Healthy Spencer Lee do at this years NCAA

And while we are at it, an undersized Mark Hall won nationals, so even if Lee is and remains undersized why can't he win nationals too? He's undersized, maybe, but pint-sized, definitely not. 

Yea but Mark Hall has the advantage of working with the best college wrestlers in the country while Lee is still working with other high school kids. I'm taking this post as how does high school Spencer Lee do at NCAA's. Practice partners make a huge difference and as we seen at the tournament he has the best the weight below and above. 

Yea but Mark Hall has the advantage of working with the best college wrestlers in the country while Lee is still working with other high school kids. I'm taking this post as how does high school Spencer Lee do at NCAA's. Practice partners make a huge difference and as we seen at the tournament he has the best the weight below and above. 

I think he's had significant time wrestling with guys like Steiber and others when he was training for Jr Worlds. 

He was also Daniel Dennis's workout partner during the Olympics.

I'd love to see how those live wrestling sessions went. I got to see Lee training for Worlds a few times over a week and he was working out with Devin Brown and he was tossing him around like a rag doll. Brown is obviously not Dan Dennis, tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he's had significant time wrestling with guys like Steiber and others when he was training for Jr Worlds. 

A couple of months of summer training in freestyle with those guys is not equal to a full season of folkstyle training with the guys Hall gets to train with. If the NCAA tournament was freestyle I'd predict he'd do better but they are completely different sports. 

Suriano, Fix and Lee are as good if not better than most AA's this year.  The three have split matches and time will tell who has the better career but agree the only wrestler I'd have favored over any of the three this year is Gilman.  Will be fun to watch these three battle it out over next few year.  Joey Silva is one to watch too but I think he ends up bigger.  Junior worlds is usually a good barometer for college success.

I've held my tongeue because what's the point, he's stilll in HS. But anyone who thinks a healthy Spencer Lee would not likely AA this year is completely and hopelessly out to lunch. Yes, this year at low 130s bodyweight and looking like he hit puberty last week. Sure, anything could and does happen, but....

I cannot wait to see him finally arrive. It'll be funny to see the look on some posters' faces

Thank God you bravely stopped holding your tongue to speak out so forcefully against a position taken by zero posters in this thread