Sign in to follow this  
KidFresh

Delgado #1?

Yeah, I had forgot the he redshirted.... so they FFT 125 every match you are saying? Or is this another case of trying to save a wrestler some embarrassment ?

No, but they did forfeit 125 at all three of their duals in the Pitt Duals (which included the loss to Bloomsburg).

Otherwise, it's been either Nelson or Nyama.

Seeding doesn't matter right guys. ya got ta beat the best to be the best right? How about at B1G we go Mega McD and Delgado. You know just to keep it interesting and FAIR. I'm a McD fan but he lost and to be honest he was beaten pretty well. Even from top he did not thrive

Seeding doesn't matter right guys. ya got ta beat the best to be the best right? How about at B1G we go Mega McD and Delgado. You know just to keep it interesting and FAIR. I'm a McD fan but he lost and to be honest he was beaten pretty well. Even from top he did not thrive

Can't tell if that is sarcasm or not. Of course seeding matters, somebody is going to get shafted no matter what unless there is another loss between then and now.

McD just struggles with Delgado happens all the time with guys. Delgado has three losses, Mega has two losses .... it's just a good old fashioned mess. I don't think you change the seeding, and if they do people are going to be upset no matter which way it lands.

Let me let you all in on a (not very big) secret for those who actually care to look at the NWCA/USA Today/AWN Coaches Poll...Iowa and Illinois may very well meet in the first round of the National Duals Finals. (in fact, if all eight are seeded, as the brackets look right now, they would!)

Assuming the highest-ranked teams advance from each region, and all eight are seeded for the finals, the bracket would be:

#1 Oklahoma State vs. #8 Cornell

#4 Ohio State vs. #5 Missouri

#2 Iowa vs. #7 Illinois

#3 Minnesota vs. #6 Virginia Tech

It will be the same as McD lost only once.

#1 McD

#2 Mega

#3 Delgado

Delgado just moves up one position.

These rankings would reflect Big Ten seedings.

Sent from Tapatalk

Agreed. In a situation like this, where McD beat Meagludis who beat Delgado who beat McD, you go to past accomplishments.

1. McD

2. Megaludis

3. Delgado

It will be the same as McD lost only once.

#1 McD

#2 Mega

#3 Delgado

Delgado just moves up one position.

These rankings would reflect Big Ten seedings.

Sent from Tapatalk

Didn't Perry only lose once? And a guy he beat jumped him?

They each have one loss in the B1G. How much does margin of victory/loss matter?

Mega pinned Delgado and barely lost to McD (at Carver).

McD squeaked by Mega and got handled by Delgado.

Delgado handled McD and got pinned by Mega.

I think that Mega fares best on this factor. Of course, Delgado also has two non-conference losses (Clark & Garnett), Mega has one (Zanetta), and McD has none. I'm not sure what exactly are the B1G seeding criteria, but I would say that, while Mega fared the best in the "round robin," that is offset by his non-conference loss, and give McD a plus for his past B1G title and National title.

1. McD

2. Mega

3. Delgado

Delgado has been, by far, my biggest fear for McD all year. I'll feel better when it's not on one hour from weigh ins, but still worried. I hope he's on the other side of the bracket. McD's feet looked like they were in cement compared to the lightning fast Delgado.

It's simply uncanny how Delgado is able to get in on McD's legs so cleanly over and over again, when no one else can come close. He makes it look easy. And it ain't. Not by a long shot.

Hindsight being what it is I suspected this would have been a tough night for McD coming off his big win against Mega. I think he would have been better served taking the night off, like Pearsall did. Pearsall would have not benefited much by beating the tough as nails (on his good days) yet inconsistent and unranked Shaffer, but would have certainly squandered his opportunity to get himself ranked heading into March by losing to an unranked guy like Shaffer. It was a no win / losing proposition for both men (Pearsall and McD). Better Reber take the hit than Pearsall who has enough banked with wins over Pennessi, Nelsen, Ridge Riley, and Rodriquez (who competed tough against Ballweg) to advance his cause. McD certainly had nothing to gain being number one and much to lose.

On the flip side both Delgado and Conaway had great gains heading into March. Sometimes strategy and tactics work best.

I loathe the posturing like that by not wrestling. It's a disservice to the fans that pay to watch those guys wrestle. I don't see any way to prevent it, but it's another thing that hurts the sport. Same as Nico not being allowed to wrestle in front of his home town, just sad for the fans that came to see him.

I loathe the posturing like that by not wrestling. It's a disservice to the fans that pay to watch those guys wrestle. I don't see any way to prevent it, but it's another thing that hurts the sport. Same as Nico not being allowed to wrestle in front of his home town, just sad for the fans that came to see him.

I agree.

Pretty easy to seed Big 10s right now.

McD - Defending Big 10 Champ with win over #2 and only 1 loss.

Nico - Pinned #3 and only has 2 losses.

Delago - Pinned by #2 and has 3 losses on the year.

I think that should be not only the seeds, but also the rankings. If Waters sneaks in by wrestling inferior opponents it's a shame. No slam on him, he may beat any of them in March, but he certainly hasn't proven anything is different from his past yet.

Even after B1G, hard to drop these guys as they are all very closely matched. Appear to clearly be the top three.

Pretty easy to seed Big 10s right now.

McD - Defending Big 10 Champ with win over #2 and only 1 loss.

Nico - Pinned #3 and only has 2 losses.

Delago - Pinned by #2 and has 3 losses on the year.

B1G seeding is supposed to primarily be based upon the B1G record only. Non-conference losses and various ranking services play a secondary role.

Mega 7-1

McD 5-1

Delgado 5-1

I agree !!!!

You guys are pretty casual about throwing nikko to the curb. although he is under dog he aint sliced bread and will probably give Mega all he can handle.t OSU needs him, Tessari and Demas and Heflin to perform to have any chance on Sunday. You know there are bonus in 65,84 and probably 97 for PSU.

Looks like OSU probable 133. 141,Hwt

PSU: 125, 157, 165, 184, 197