CoachWrestling

Suriano, Fix, and Lee.. who has the better career?

I think Lee should greyshirt this year to recover from ACL surgery. Then redshirt the following year to bulk up. If he does that I think he wins 4 titles if he stays healthy.

Throw in an olympic Redshirt and he could be the first NCAA champion who turns 40 in his senior year

You mad? You write like you are mad. 

The question was "Who has the better career? Well, team titles are a part of a wrestling career and many athletes place at least some value on them. Most college wrestling fans, you included judging by your own parochial Iowa posts littered all over the www, also value them. 

And what is this here? Oh, that is Nick Suriano holding a big trophy. 

12541975.jpeg

I don't always agree with Tbar but her I think he is 100% correct. Would I rather have four NCAA titles and no team titles or have Suriano's freshman year, three individual titles and 4 team titles when all is said and done? The four individual titles is not a foregone conclusion in my opinion. Part of the fun of sports, if you've ever played on a team, is winning a team title. Sharing it with other guys who have gone through what you have makes the sacrifices even more worthwhile. Put me in the Suriano camp

The new weights might have an influence on which weight Fix chooses or which weight Smith asks Fix to choose. The same day weigh-ins and new weights for international/freestyle will go into effect by the time Fix enrolls at OSU.

I agree with this.  I think he is absolutely a guy who will allow the international weights to dictate where he wrestles.  

I wish Fix would just focus on FS full-time. He might be our best 57KG wrestler right now.

I realize they are both still young but I don't see anything that would lead anybody to believe that Fix would have a better freestyle career than Lee. Nothing. Even beating him head up which I think was kind of a fluke doesn't lead me to believe he would have a better career. Every time he's been on the world stage Fix has not exactly impressed me. Spencer Lee has knocked it out of the park. Sorry if there are any typos but it's voice texting and I'm driving.

Throw in an olympic Redshirt and he could be the first NCAA champion who turns 40 in his senior year

I don't always agree with Tbar but her I think he is 100% correct. Would I rather have four NCAA titles and no team titles or have Suriano's freshman year, three individual titles and 4 team titles when all is said and done? The four individual titles is not a foregone conclusion in my opinion. Part of the fun of sports, if you've ever played on a team, is winning a team title. Sharing it with other guys who have gone through what you have makes the sacrifices even more worthwhile. Put me in the Suriano camp

Sorry don't know how I got two different quotes on the same post. Forgive the **** up

Brock doesn't look like a huge 133 so I am doubting 141 but I can definitely see Picc at 133 someday. Does Fix stay at 125?

It's obvious Fix is going to RS so maybe Brock can fill 141 in 2 more years.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Manville greyshirted and is probably going to redshirt this year so it's not as crazy an idea as you think.

Fix wrestled 132 because he could walk to a state title without worrying about holding weight for 3 months. He was slated for 126 to go against Lee at the dapper Dan but said f it once Lee was out (don't blame him). I believe he has said himself he wants to be a career 125 so until I see otherwise I predict that's where he will be. Piccinnini will grow as will brock I'm another 2 years so I don't think an 8 pound bump for each is unreasonable.

Suriano looks bigger at 125 to me than fix btw.

Who do you predict will have the best NCAA career out of these 3?

Well, Suriano lost out on a very high finish his True Freshman year due to injury, so he's definitely at a disadvantage compared to the other two. Also, Lee and Fix will probably Redshirt, so this should only help them.   I think Lee has the most upside, but a bum shoulder and knee in consecutive high school years doesn't exactly give a lot of confidence of an injury free college career.  Fix seems like a beast but better suited for Freestyle at this point.  I can see four years of AA for Fix, but a championship...let's see how his mat wrestling improves.  Lee, if healthy, a potential 4-timer, but I bet he won't stay healthy.  Suriano, unless he is snake bitten, I gotta think he will AA three times and win at least one championship.  At this point, who knows.  Gun to my head I would say Lee 2 championships with injuries, Suriano and Fix one each. 

I think it will be Lee. He'll RS next year and will be a massive force at 125 for 4 seasons. 

I just don't see a kid who had major injuries his Junior and Senior year in high school being injury-free in college.  Of course this is what we would like, but there is also a certain amount of pragmatism that should be used. 

This has nothing to do with team titles. Take your damn glasses off T-Bag. Who has the best career of the 3 is the question. Suriano can only be a 3 time AA right now. Its between Lee and Fix.

Why would it be just between Lee and Fix?  Are you confident that Lee can all of the sudden stay healthy?  What if Suriano AA's three times with two titles and Fix four times with one title?

Fix. Kid is a beast. Only problem is where do you stick him in the lineup. OSU's lightweights are the best wrestlers on their team. Do you move Brock/Heil up so Fix takes 133? Does Fix leapfrog Heil and go to 149? Plus, there are some other pretty good wrestlers at those weights on OSU's team that have some say in the matter as well.

Whatever, I think Fix is going to win some titles in college.

I would think that Fix will shirt and when Heil graduates Brock will go 141 and Fix 133. 

I think Lee should greyshirt this year to recover from ACL surgery. Then redshirt the following year to bulk up. If he does that I think he wins 4 titles if he stays healthy.

Can he actually do this?  I thought a wrestler had 5 years after high school to wrestle Div 1?  I am not certain--just my understanding unless an Olympic or Medical can be had. 

You mad? You write like you are mad. 

The question was "Who has the better career? Well, team titles are a part of a wrestling career and many athletes place at least some value on them. Most college wrestling fans, you included judging by your own parochial Iowa posts littered all over the www, also value them. 

And what is this here? Oh, that is Nick Suriano holding a big trophy. 

12541975.jpeg

You do like to poke people. 

Lee. If he gets up to size, I can honestly see him running the table for 4 straight. I think he's that good. Size will always lower his ceiling though. 

Why do people neglect his propensity to injury?

I agree with this, except I don't think size will be an issue. He is already in the 130s, and he's not old for his grade, so he has some natural filling out to do even if he doesn't grow another inch. Adding less than 10 lbs of pure muscle should not be difficult.

People also overlook his huge legs.  He really never looked that undersized to me relative to his competition.  It wasn't that obvious--like Hall/Jordan. 

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Lee's injuries as something that could hold him back.  The kid has had major shoulder surgery and major knee surgery in consecutive years.  Sure he's a phenomenal athlete but more than a few "can't miss" guys have had their careers stunted due to injury.

People see what they want to see and expect the best-case scenario, so I guess this is part of being a fan..  However, this rarely happens.

You are correct. But I think all are hoping he is 100% after redshirt and are making predictions off that.

I don't think anyone wants to predict him as injured and will never be the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, but hope and realistically predicting are okay, too.