Sign in to follow this  
gowrestle

Rob Koll

All of Koll's success can be attributed to his first recruiting class as an assistant coach.  Hopefully he reads this.

To address a couple of points:  Rob has done a fantastic job for Cornell but as someone says, wrestling at Cornell will survive without him.  The facilities are top notch, and there is a strong alumni base.  There was old-timers support before he got there, because they're the ones who brought Spates in.  But he's also done a great job in keeping the alumni involved, some he coached and others he didn't.  Since wrestling doesn't have a professional route, there will be plenty of kids knowing they also need a good education.  Will Cornell be as strong without him?  Who knows, but it will be good more often than not even after he leaves.

The job is his as long as he wants it, but I say that because I don't see him coaching as long as someone like Bobby Douglas.  I think he'll know when it's time to leave and when he does, he'll have opportunities (or can retire).