Sign in to follow this  
21guns

Weight Class Changes for 2017-18

Zahid stays 174 unless he handles nickal again in the off season. He talked about a 4 year rivalry with hall so I don't think his cut is as bad as some speculate.

I could see Moisey bumping to 133, as has been discussed. Cortez is bumping per his Twitter handle (could that mean suriano goes up as well, does their new Japanese nlwc member step in at 133, someone new???) As well. I predict boo lewallen (sp?) Will go 149 for osu and be as good as collica come ncaas. I think tsirtsis goes 149 which bumps maraca to 157. I believe miklus will also go up to 197 for Missouri. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Zahid stays 174 unless he handles nickal again in the off season. He talked about a 4 year rivalry with hall so I don't think his cut is as bad as some speculate.

I could see Moisey bumping to 133, as has been discussed. Cortez is bumping per his Twitter handle (could that mean suriano goes up as well, does their new Japanese nlwc member step in at 133, someone new???) As well. I predict boo lewallen (sp?) Will go 149 for osu and be as good as collica come ncaas. I think tsirtsis goes 149 which bumps maraca to 157. I believe miklus will also go up to 197 for Missouri. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Wrong.  Zahid moves up to 184.  No room at the Inn for Shields unless he does.  Also, not so fast with Cortez to 141, today Cael told Jim Carlson, "he is thinking about moving up to 141", that's all it is for the moment.  Suriano stays at 125, which is bad news for all of you.  Lizak to 133.

I read on a Japanese newspaper that Suriano teched Rei Higuchi without the use of a leg in an early wrestle-off last week, which is why the rumors of Higuchi in the line-up have quietly died down. Any insight on that?

Yep.

6 in 7.

How's that sound?

Anyone other than me thinking Imart might be contemplating a move back down to 157? If the international weights for 2018 come out closer to 157 for Imart, I wouldn't rule it out.

Like Nato, Imart has enough mass to compete at 165 but he is awfully short for the weight. He even admittted it during the NCAA interviews.

Anyone other than me thinking Imart might be contemplating a move back down to 157? If the international weights for 2018 come out closer to 157 for Imart, I wouldn't rule it out.

Like Nato, Imart has enough mass to compete at 165 but he is awfully short for the weight. He even admittted it during the NCAA interviews.

Regardless, I'd like to see Nolf and iMar at the all-star classic. These matches won't happen, but let's go for it.

Cruz vs Suriano

NATO vs Brock

Gross vs Heil

Zain vs. Kemerer

Jordan/Sorensen vs. Lavallee

Nolf vs iMar

Joseph vs. McFadden

Hall vs Massa

Zahid vs. Jordan

Moore vs. Nickal

Coon vs. Nevills

Edited by LemonPie

Regardless, I'd like to see Nolf and iMar at the all-star classic. These matches won't happen, but let's go for it.

Cruz vs Suriano

NATO vs Brock

Gross vs Heil

Zain vs. Kemerer

Jordan/Sorensen vs. Lavallee

Nolf vs iMar

Joseph vs. McFadden

Hall vs Massa

Zahid vs. Jordan

Moore vs. Nickal

Coon vs. Nevills

Those are some very good ones.  Moore and Nickal would be awesome.  I think we need a better matchup for Retherford though.  I say we have Zain and Nolf for the Hodge.  There's honestly not another opponent for Zain that interests me.  He's just that far ahead of the crowd at 149 next year.  

Careful, PSUMike... You'll upset BoConnell talking like that..

I've got no problem with it.  I agree with the sentiment that almost every current champ is more fun to watch than Heil.  I just laughed at you saying Lavion Mayes was more offensive.  

Maruca to 157? I don't see that happening. Shields is at 157, who also happens to be his best friend. Unless they all bump up (Maruca, Shields and both Valencias)