Sign in to follow this  
Eagle26

Virginia Tech

The VT coaching staff is basically being stripped and moved to Iowa State. Considering this is the second time in recent history that this happened to them, I kinda feel bad for them. I hope they don't lose too many recruits this time. They recovered really well last time and Dresser really built up the program. Can they recover again? At what point does that job stop becoming a stepping stone? I honestly would think its one of the top jobs.

What does this mean for Molinaro and his international training?

Doesn't matter, since Zain will surpass him this year.  I don't recall them meeting in the trials - pretty sure Zain would have beaten Tank had they met.

I'm a fan of ZPT, but Molinaro has proven he's wrestling a level above where Zain is right now. He competed extremely well at the Olympics vs world champions. I don't don't doubt Zain will get there, but I don't think you can say he's there now based on him beating up college athletes.

Good question about Frank's RTC coaches and partners, but I think he can and will move around to get the specific coaching and partners he needs as he gets closer to competitions. 

Well I am not sure who will be wrestling in Vegas at the end of the month, and I'm not sure who will be qualified and wrestling in the trials come June, but I would have to believe that if Molinaro gets beaten, I would have to think that this would put an end to his international career.

As far as the Zain Train is concerned, I think he has the talent to make our World team, and may be able to best Molinaro right now, but without seeing him face Molinaro and other top level international guys, it is pure speculation. I guess we will have to wait for these events to unfold.

It's almost like Robie was trying to one-up his old boss. Dresser hires Metcalf and Zadick. Then Robie hires the two guys who beat them at the Olympic trials.

All great hires, but I don't get hiring two guys who are both the exact same weight for either school. Last I checked, there are ten weights in college.

It's almost like Robie was trying to one-up his old boss. Dresser hires Metcalf and Zadick. Then Robie hires the two guys who beat them at the Olympic trials.

All great hires, but I don't get hiring two guys who are both the exact same weight for either school. Last I checked, there are ten weights in college.

Wow didn't realize that.  That's pretty funny.  Hiring Molinaro seems like a pretty smart move to help continue bringing in recruits from the NJ area.  

Wow didn't realize that. That's pretty funny.

I was half kidding but half not. I mean, Robie pulled Fraser out of coaching retirement or semi-retirement to find the guy who kept Metcalf off the Olympic team a couple of Olympic cycles ago. I don't think Fraser has coached in college or the senior level in four years or so.

Despite the two being at exactly the same weight, the hires make some sense, I guess. Aside from their proven wrestling skill, Molinaro is from the dirty Jerz, Frayer is from Florida, two East coast states VT wants to target for recruting.