Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

65KG US Open

Based on Oliver's Twitter feed, he is on his way back to 65. So, they way I see it, we will have the following...

Top Contenders...Molinaro, Oliver, Kennedy, Imart

Also rans....Chamberlain, Levalley, Russell (don't see him in top group any longer), Ness, that D3 Kid

No longer here....

Stieber 61

Metcalf out to pasture

Green 70

Pico MMA

Humphrey 61 (if at all)

Did I miss anyone who matters?

Disagree with how I view them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angry_Fish

If he does, will be interesting to see him go against Seniors now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was 3rd at the Olympic Trials. Wins over Green, Chamberlain, Ness, and Kennedy. I wouldn't necessarily pick him to make the team, but it wouldn't be completely out there if he did.

Anyone picking Zain to make team at 143?

His game is much better suited for folk imo. While he's good on his feet, his bread and butter is his punishing top game. Free doesn't allow him to implement his game as well. 

His game is much better suited for folk imo. While he's good on his feet, his bread and butter is his punishing top game. Free doesn't allow him to implement his game as well.

I guess his cadet world title was a fluke.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by cjc007

He's actually better at freestyle imo. He's improved every year since I'm been following him (line mtn, Benton).

No way. If there were a world folkstyle championship at 65 kg, I'd put some real money on Zain if it was better than even odds. His top folkstyle wrestling is absolutely his best skill set and he is so brutal with it. Edited by wrestlingnerd

No way. If there were a world folkstyle championship at 65 kg, I'd put some real money on Zain if it was better than even odds. His top folkstyle wrestling is absolutely his best skill set and he is so brutal with it.

He's wrestling age group wrestlers in college. No real competition. That's a big reason why he looks so good from top.

Edited by cjc007

He's wrestling age group wrestlers in college. No real competition. That's a big reason why he looks so good from top.

Anybody who can score on redshirt senior Logan Stieber from top is automatically "so good", especially if done as a true freshman.

Anybody who can score on redshirt senior Logan Stieber from top is automatically "so good", especially if done as a true freshman.

Stieber was a junior when Zain beat him.

Stieber beat Zain at big ten's and NCAA's later that season.

I think The Zain Train is already qualified due to his recent title, so I'm not sure if we will see him at the Open. But at the trials I have to believe he'll be one of the favorites to make the finals, and I give him a pretty good chance of making the team.

As far as JO is concerned, it will be interesting to see which JO shows up. If it's the JO we saw at last year's trials, I cannot imagine JO will have much success. However, if we get the JO who is at his best, then it could be a different story.

I'm sure Jimmy Kennedy will have a great tourney, and has a good chance of winning the Open, and I think Hunter might have an outside chance of winning.

I guess his cadet world title was a fluke.

I wouldn't say fluke, but he was never able to make another team, routinely getting blasted by high schooler Aaron Pico in the process.     With no Pico in his way any longer.       I see him as a top 3 type prospect.        

I think Zain lost once in h.s. His only college losses were to the 2 top ranked guys when he was a true freshman, and since he has won them all with almost a 90 percent bonus rate.

When he gets to the senior circuit full time, I expect the trend to continue.