Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

65KG US Open

Zain has a style about him that is conducive for the FS world. In that he continues to be a hammer on top.

Not yet. He is nothing close to a hammer on top in par terre. Maybe after a couple of years of dedicated training, though. Kyle Dake also a monster on top, has adapted his top skills well to freestyle par terre, for example.

65 is the toughest weight in the world right now, winning multiple world titles let alone one at that weight would be quite the accomplishment. A few guys have done it in the last 20 years Taghavi got 2 in 2009 and 2011, Ramonov 2 in 2014 and olympic in 2016. Sahin 2007 and  and olympic 2008. Serafim Barzakov has 2 in 98 and 2001. Elbrus tedeyev has the most with 3 world titiles in 95, 99, 02 and a gold in 2004

I'd be very surprised if Zain beat JO, Kennedy or Molinaro in a winner's bracket bout.

I think Snyder and Cox have made it easy to forget how hard it is for a collegian to beat a guy in his mid to upper 20s who was an amazing college wrestler in their own right and have now been training for Freestyle full time for several years.

Sure, it's possible and Zain is great, but I would still be very surprised if he beat the top guys in the winners bracket. Anything can happen in loser's bracket. Lots of guys heads are not in it at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no way Rethurfod finishes with a better career than Snyder.   He wont have a better career than true frosh Hall.  When's the last time a PA guy won a world level medal?    

What does his home state have to do with it? So since Snyder is from Maryland and he won gold, Maryland produces better wrestlers than PA???

What does his home state have to do with it? So since Snyder is from Maryland and he won gold, Maryland produces better wrestlers than PA???

Maryland did produce a better wrestler than PA, yes.     Or name the better wrestler PA produced than Snyder?  I am open to any facts you may have that I am missing.   

I am asking, I don't know the answer.   When is the last time PA produced a world medalist?    Was it a year or two ago?   Perhaps they are due.   Or perhaps their tradition is fading.    I'm not sure when they last produced one.   We have no reason to believe Rutherford will excel at the international styles on the senior level.   

Maryland did produce a better wrestler than PA, yes.     Or name the better wrestler PA produced than Snyder?  I am open to any facts you may have that I am missing.   

I am asking, I don't know the answer.   When is the last time PA produced a world medalist?    Was it a year or two ago?   Perhaps they are due.   Or perhaps their tradition is fading.    I'm not sure when they last produced one.   We have no reason to believe Rutherford will excel at the international styles on the senior level.   

I'm not a wrestling historian, I don't know the answer. That's not my point. The state where someone is from is not a deciding factor on how good they can become. Cael Sanderson is from Utah. Does anyone think Utah is a wrestling power (not trying to offend Utah, just making a point)

I'm not a wrestling historian, I don't know the answer. That's not my point. The state where someone is from is not a deciding factor on how good they can become. Cael Sanderson is from Utah. Does anyone think Utah is a wrestling power (not trying to offend Utah, just making a point)

At a time Wasatch was indeed a wrestling power, ranked as high as 2 nationally behind Blair.   Ask a historian if you don't believe me.    

At a time Wasatch was indeed a wrestling power, ranked as high as 2 nationally behind Blair.   Ask a historian if you don't believe me.    

Again, you're missing my point. You're saying Retherford can't be better than Snyder because PA doesn't produce good wrestlers??? Where someone is from doesn't matter. David Taylor grew up in Wyoming. If he wins 3 international golds in the next 7 years that makes Wyoming the best state for wrestling?

Again, you're missing my point. You're saying Retherford can't be better than Snyder because PA doesn't produce good wrestlers??? Where someone is from doesn't matter. David Taylor grew up in Wyoming. If he wins 3 international golds in the next 7 years that makes Wyoming the best state for wrestling?

I'm answering your point directly and you keep rephrasing it.  

Yes Wasatch was a wrestling power.   So is Ohio.    I'm told Kyle Snyder came from Ohio.   I'd have to consult with a historian for accuracy.   And did you know Taylor was training in Ohio prior to HS?     

Can we agree wrestling power?   

I'm answering your point directly and you keep rephrasing it.  

Yes Wasatch was a wrestling power.   So is Ohio.    I'm told Kyle Snyder came from Ohio.   I'd have to consult with a historian for accuracy.   And did you know Taylor was training in Ohio prior to HS?     

Can we agree wrestling power?   

I don't know anything about Wasatch, UT. I do know that Utah is not considered a better state for wrestling than PA.

Kyle Snyder is without a doubt from Woodbine, Maryland.

Yes, Taylor moved to Ohio so he could train under Jeff Jordan.

So what is your point exactly, because I'm confused now. It seems like you're trying to say Retherford can't be successful internationally because he is from PA which makes no sense to me.

I don't know anything about Wasatch, UT. I do know that Utah is not considered a better state for wrestling than PA.

Kyle Snyder is without a doubt from Woodbine, Maryland.

Yes, Taylor moved to Ohio so he could train under Jeff Jordan.

So what is your point exactly, because I'm confused now. It seems like you're trying to say Retherford can't be successful internationally because he is from PA which makes no sense to me.

Forgive me for confusing you.     I'll try and be more clear.  

3 seperate points here.  

No way Rutherford has a better career than Snyder.   Agree or not? 

No way Rutherford ahs a better career than Hall.   Agree or not?

By the way, does anyone know when PA last won world level freestyle gold?   I think it may have been accomplished in the last 15 years but I really cannot recall.   You don't have this answer, lets wait for a historian.

Now if you just look at my questions and stop inferring where your insecurities trigger you, there shouldn't even exist any question about who is a better state at the senior level.  No one is asking that.    It may not be Utah, Maryland or Ohio.   That's an entirely different topic.  

Hopefully you're not even further confused upon realizing this isn't about the tangent you attempted to take it on.