Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

65KG US Open

^^^scratch freestyle gold, I'm wondering about any medal, not limited to gold.    

Also in advance before you freak out, I am not implying Kentucky is better than PA since I expect Hall to have a better career than Rutherford.       

Edited by Cletus_Tucker

Forgive me for confusing you.     I'll try and be more clear.  

3 seperate points here.  

No way Rutherford has a better career than Snyder.   Agree or not? 

No way Rutherford ahs a better career than Hall.   Agree or not?

By the way, does anyone know when PA last won world level freestyle gold?   I think it may have been accomplished in the last 15 years but I really cannot recall.   You don't have this answer, lets wait for a historian.

Now if you just look at my questions and stop inferring where your insecurities trigger you, there shouldn't even exist any question about who is a better state at the senior level.  No one is asking that.    It may not be Utah, Maryland or Ohio.   That's an entirely different topic.  

Hopefully you're not even further confused upon realizing this isn't about the tangent you attempted to take it on.    

Yes, Snyder and Hall will most likely have better careers. I wasn't arguing that at all. Your post made it sound like you were saying Retherford will not have a good career because he is from PA. You brought up PA initially, not me. I wasn't trying to argue I was trying to understand your point. 

^^^scratch freestyle gold, I'm wondering about any medal, not limited to gold.    

Also in advance before you freak out, I am not inferring Kentucky is better than PA since I expect Hall to have a better career than Rutherford.       

Coleman Scott had Bronze in 2012 Olympics. If you want to go Juniors or Cadet there are many more including Spencer Lee 3 golds last 3 years.

Coleman Scott had Bronze in 2012 Olympics. If you want to go Juniors or Cadet there are many more including Spencer Lee 3 golds last 3 years.

Thank you, I wasn't thinking Scott and wouldn't have remembered him.  I was going to say Herbert to be honest.  

5 years, I'd say a great wrestling state like PA is quite due at this point, but I don't see Rutherford making much noise internationally.    Lets see what Marstellar, Gullibon, or Hanies can do (12 PA state titles combined) to  possibly ending the drought.    

Thank you for the feedback and the entertaining back and forth.  

Thank you, I wasn't thinking Scott and wouldn't have remembered him.  I was going to say Herbert to be honest.  

5 years, I'd say a great wrestling state like PA is quite due at this point, but I don't see Rutherford making much noise internationally.    Lets see what Marstellar, Gullibon, or Hanies can do (12 PA state titles combined) to  possibly ending the drought.    

Thank you for the feedback and the entertaining back and forth.

I don't think Marstellar, Gulibon or Haines will do much. Better chance for Nolf, Joseph, Retherford, Lee, Teasdale, Labriola, Sasso, etc.

I don't think Marstellar, Gulibon or Haines will do much. Better chance for Nolf, Joseph, Retherford, Lee, Teasdale, Labriola, Sasso, etc.

You may be correct.   I selected the high schoolers with the best PA results, since this briefly turned to a PA state discussion.     

I might go with Teasdale if forced to make a prediction right now.      Very impressive wrestler and seemingly getting better.  

I think Zain is capable of putting anyone in his deadly bow n arrow including Jordan Oliver. If Zain can take JO down it is over! He finished third last year as a sophomore and is better this year! Guys all over this board questioned me about Snyder in 2014 so be careful. Zain is my next pick to win Gold.

Edited by PRyan2012

Felt like JO was giving 40% in that match. OTOH, does he ever give more than 80%?

Perfect summary of JO.  

When is the last time he made the weight at 65 and looked like he had energy.  The guy couldn't get in shape for the OTT a year younger.  I doubt he suddenly shows up at 65 ready to wrestle.  

Perfect summary of JO.

When is the last time he made the weight at 65 and looked like he had energy. The guy couldn't get in shape for the OTT a year younger. I doubt he suddenly shows up at 65 ready to wrestle.

In his defense, he was injured and unable to train correctly to get in peak shape for the OTT.

In his defense, he was injured and unable to train correctly to get in peak shape for the OTT.

Unless he's been injured since college, his gas tank has nothing to do with injuries.  It's okay if he cares about other things more than getting in shape.  I'm just done expecting his otherworldly talent to ever come to fruition.  

I think it will go pretty much like the last time they met.  

You do realize that they wrestled two years ago. Zain was a freshman. Usually your biggest gains physically happen during these years. I think Zain is the favorite if the meet in a couple of weeks.  

Unless he's been injured since college, his gas tank has nothing to do with injuries. It's okay if he cares about other things more than getting in shape. I'm just done expecting his otherworldly talent to ever come to fruition.

I'm holding out hope because I do think his talent is close to otherworldly and when he cut didn't have to cut hard, all the gas tank issues went away (at 70 kg WTT). No guarantee he handles the cut as well at 65 kg, but he's due for a world team.

I think JO is looking at Logan Stieber and thinking he can do the same thing if he makes the cut.  JO and Logan seem to have a good relationship and I have little doubt that Logan's success has influenced his thinking.

JO is one of the most astonishing talents I've ever seen and he's still in his prime.