Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

65KG US Open

You do realize that they wrestled two years ago. Zain was a freshman. Usually your biggest gains physically happen during these years. I think Zain is the favorite if the meet in a couple of weeks.  

Meh, I said what I think will happen. Last I checked they actually wrestle these things on mats and not wrestling forums. 

file this along side your prediction that burroughs would flounder internationally because he couldn't handfight 

That wasn't me. I have always said Burroughs has a many more skills then a blast double from the outside, and he was more than 'just' an athlete. Burroughs is what Joe Williams should've been in his heyday. 

Meh, I said what I think will happen. Last I checked they actually wrestle these things on mats and not wrestling forums. 

I agree but forums are fun to debate. The match people are pointing out took place two years ago at Zain's first senior event as a freshman. I have seen Zain improve and simply think he has past Oliver.

I agree but forums are fun to debate. The match people are pointing out took place two years ago at Zain's first senior event as a freshman. I have seen Zain improve and simply think he has past Oliver.

Okay my scouting report then: I think Oliver has more to give then he did in that match; he was sloppy late, lung issues, and is a perpetual underachiever. He is also bigger, faster, as strong, and the focus on the style helps more in the lighter weights than the heavier weights. If JO brings his 'A' game, and lungs do not to collapse, he wins. Lungs will be the biggest issue. Zain has pace, lungs, carries strength for the entire match, and effective aggressiveness. If he can keep it within a TD after 4-5 minutes he could wear him down and win late: TD and a push out.

Oh, that bow and arrow doesn't work as well at the elite senior level; officials don't give enough time to load it up like he does in folk, so he has to win on his feet - a strength of JO. 

I'm still surprised to see Oliver back down at 65. Up at 70 he looked the best that I'd ever seen him. JO, if you're reading, I'm a fan. Please go back up and spend less time "training" your "lung capacity" with Pendleton, Tshirts and Ruth in your apartment.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Okay my scouting report then: I think Oliver has more to give then he did in that match; he was sloppy late, lung issues, and is a perpetual underachiever. He is also bigger, faster, as strong, and the focus on the style helps more in the lighter weights than the heavier weights. If JO brings his 'A' game, and lungs do not to collapse, he wins. Lungs will be the biggest issue. Zain has pace, lungs, carries strength for the entire match, and effective aggressiveness. If he can keep it within a TD after 4-5 minutes he could wear him down and win late: TD and a push out.

Oh, that bow and arrow doesn't work as well at the elite senior level; officials don't give enough time to load it up like he does in folk, so he has to win on his feet - a strength of JO. 

You can't condition your prediction on your picks weaknesses not showing up in the match.

Zain is going to win (I know I said Tech....i did that to be obnoxious), because his neutral game is way tighter than JOs. He is as difficult to score on at any point in the match, and is as good at leading the action as anyone in the world. The cadence of the match will be dominated by Zane this time. 

You can't condition your prediction on your picks weaknesses not showing up in the match.

Zain is going to win (I know I said Tech....i did that to be obnoxious), because his neutral game is way tighter than JOs. He is as difficult to score on at any point in the match, and is as good at leading the action as anyone in the world. The cadence of the match will be dominated by Zane this time. 

I can condition my predictions on the Groundhog seeing it's shadow if I want. 

I really don't get all the hype surrounding Oliver. He has yet to prove much at the international level despite competing for several years. At this point, there is no legitimate reason to believe he will be a contender. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

I really don't get all the hype surrounding Oliver. He has yet to prove much at the international level despite competing for several years. At this point, there is no legitimate reason to believe he will be a contender.

Yep, every year very big hype about Oliver but this guy never made world or olympic team...and doesn't compete on the overseas more than one time per two years. Oliver have potential but he becomes older year by year..

Lähetetty minun PLK-L01 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

I agree with FT's and FreestyleWrestler's posts. The hype is there every year. JO is damn good but he doesn't seem to go to international tournaments and he hasn't been standing on the top podium for major events.

If he doesn't do it this year, time for the hype to disappear.

It's been years since any American but Metcalf beat JO at 65 when JO was healthy (which he wasn't at OTTs last year). Russell was the last guy which was 3-4 years ago I think.

Metcalf proved that he was better than JO during the last few years. JO only beat him once and lost to him several times.

JO never loss to Zain, JK or Molinaro. He's undefeated against them.

He may very well get beat by one of them next week, esp if shoulder gives out like it did at Schultz.

If he does get beat, I don't see Zain doing it. JK and FM much more likely to find a way to beat him. But until one of them do, he remains undefeated against those 3 great wrestlers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Zain transferred after college to the Ohio RTC, he'll win international gold.  This past year proved that theory out.  Fun stat?  Here we go:

# Weight Classes Competed in OLY & WC:  8

# of American Wrestlers Winning Gold:  2 (25%)

# of American Wrestlers Winning Gold, from ORTC:  2

% of World Medals JUST from ORTC:  25%

So... JUST the ORTC supplied our entire planet, across the 8 weight classes, with 25% of the available Gold Medals for 2016. 

Fun with numbers...

If Zain transferred after college to the Ohio RTC, he'll win international gold.  This past year proved that theory out.  Fun stat?  Here we go:

So... JUST the ORTC supplied our entire planet, across the 8 weight classes, with 25% of the available Gold Medals for 2016. 

Fun with numbers...

Lets see how they do without Roselli there before we brag too much!

Fun with numbers...

Seems like there might be some decent training partners in Happy Valley as well... 

Lets see how they do without Roselli there before we brag too much!

Given that Logie Bear and Snyder are the WC and Boy King I'm referencing, I think they'll do just fine, considering their credentials and their abilities exceed that of Roselli.  Logan can and will train with whomever he wants, and bring in whomever he wants, when he wants.  Snyder?  Same thing.  Although I admire Roselli, you have to give credit to the ENTIRE staff, and to the individual wrestlers and training partners that are present there. 

So... bragging too much?  C'mon.  You know darn well, that in this sport, cycles of greatness have a shelf-life.  At some point, PSU and the Cael machine will falter, and another will rise to take it's place.  The same goes with the ORTC.  It's just that now... in this moment... from a FS perspective, the ORTC just produced enough to brag... and Cael at PSU is producing enough at the NCAA level to brag ALL DAY LONG. 

I love the sport.  I love the dominance.  I love achievement.  Be it Iowa, Ohio State, PSU, ASU, etc... I care not.  I just love to see the pinnacles and peaks of our sport, representing our country on the international stage. 

Given that Logie Bear and Snyder are the WC and Boy King I'm referencing, I think they'll do just fine, considering their credentials and their abilities exceed that of Roselli.  Logan can and will train with whomever he wants, and bring in whomever he wants, when he wants.  Snyder?  Same thing.  Although I admire Roselli, you have to give credit to the ENTIRE staff, and to the individual wrestlers and training partners that are present there. 

So... bragging too much?  C'mon.  You know darn well, that in this sport, cycles of greatness have a shelf-life.  At some point, PSU and the Cael machine will falter, and another will rise to take it's place.  The same goes with the ORTC.  It's just that now... in this moment... from a FS perspective, the ORTC just produced enough to brag... and Cael at PSU is producing enough at the NCAA level to brag ALL DAY LONG. 

I love the sport.  I love the dominance.  I love achievement.  Be it Iowa, Ohio State, PSU, ASU, etc... I care not.  I just love to see the pinnacles and peaks of our sport, representing our country on the international stage. 

wasn't trying to say they didn't accomplish or deserve the accolades=just think it will be interesting to see IF there is a change without Lou being there on a day to day.  And the bragging comment should have had a winky,  

Zain winning is not an unreasonable prediction, but he is absolutely NOT as difficult to score on as anyone in the world nor is he as good at leading the action as anyone in the world. Maybe "anyone in the world" who wrestles at 149 at an American college, but that's it. If what you said was even remotely close to true, he would've gone to the Olympics for us.

Edited by wrestlingnerd