Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

65KG US Open

Where Zain is great is when he stops the initial shot. He almost always scores on a go behind reattack. If you actually get to his legs, you have a chance to score, but the penalty is severe if you don't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where Zain is great is when he stops the initial shot. He almost always scores on a go behind reattack. If you actually get to his legs, you have a chance to score, but the penalty is severe if you don't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

His best move from neutral is that short drag that he does counter-offensively. Got Stieber with it two or three times in the same match last year, which is saying something.

Maybe late in the match.

It is not joke though, Zain's down block to an inside drag is one of the best moves out there, or at least it holds his whole style together. The amount of pressure he can generate is tripled by the fact that you are crazy to shoot on him.

Shooting on him wasn't a problem for Pico.

Zain looked a lot better than I expected. I give him credit. Still think he is 1-2 years from claiming this weight, but I do think it will eventuall happens.

Needs to break some bad habits with hands to face and interlocking hands.

He CAN beat any of the top guys already but that doesn't mean will or is the favorite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angry_Fish

Zain looked a lot better than I expected. I give him credit. Still think he is 1-2 years from claiming this weight, but I do think it will eventually happens.

Needs to break some bad habits with hands to face and interlocking hands.

He CAN beat any of the top guys already but that doesn't mean will or is the favorite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What top guys has Zain beat?

Kennedy. Who else?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Green was way too sucked out at 65 kg, definitely not his weight class

Ness and Chamberlin are decent, but not anywhere being elite.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Unless being used to prop up Metcalf, then he is GREAT. 

Molinaro  or Jordan Oliver , that's it 

This is your prediction for world team trials?       You have Molinaro beating Zain?    

I've got Rutherford penciled in at 3rd in Lincoln, with Molinaro winning the weight.      It should be a great tournament (not better than Russian Nationals).   

From what I hear Zain gets the best of the gorilla hulk. In a live match who knows. We will see next month. Kennedy has the ability to upset also. Beating a well resting Oliver is going to be tough although I think Zain is the best guy, doing that I even concede is not probably. See Varner/Snyder in 2016. Oliver got a gift at the open so he better get his world title like he said in his interview this year.