Sign in to follow this  
Michigan wrestling

NCAA final 2019-2022

Tourney was at University of Pittsburgh 1957.  60 some years is long enough.

I certainly would say St Louis needs Union station to return to prominence before a return tourney. The food courts and at least 3 sit down restaurants 

I certainly would say St Louis needs Union station to return to prominence before a return tourney. The food courts and at least 3 sit down restaurants 

As a former presidential candidate, I would agree. It was hard to find something to eat within walking distance this year. Luckily my motorcade took me to some less busy areas.

Tourney was at University of Pittsburgh 1957.  60 some years is long enough.

What is Pitt's arena situation?  Would the tourney as configured now fit?

It's not easy finding information regarding the bidding process, but looking through news reports, Detroit, St. Louis, Orlando, Philly and Tulsa. Obviously their could be more. 

I have read that the official announcement will be April 18. 

Some of the places i have heard that are putting in a bid are- Detroit, STL, KC, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Chicago, Atlanta, Louisville, Indianapolis, plus 3 more that i cant remember

Average temperature for Minneapolis that weekend is 44 degrees.

STL temps that week in 2017: 44-38-33-39-50-68-58

https://weatherspark.com/m/10405/3/Average-Weather-in-March-in-Minneapolis-Minnesota-United-States

It's really cold in Minnesota in January and February. March is pretty tame -- this coming from someone who grew up 30 minutes from the ocean in Southeastern Virginia. 

And if you're worried the cold, much of downtown MPLS has skyways so the opportunities to go outside can be limited if that's your prerogative. 

All that snow the Eastern seaboard got that week, not a flake here. My twitter weather updates can attest to that!

Average temperature for Minneapolis that weekend is 44 degrees.

STL temps that week in 2017: 44-38-33-39-50-68-58

https://weatherspark.com/m/10405/3/Average-Weather-in-March-in-Minneapolis-Minnesota-United-States

It's really cold in Minnesota in January and February. March is pretty tame -- this coming from someone who grew up 30 minutes from the ocean in Southeastern Virginia. 

And if you're worried the cold, much of downtown MPLS has skyways so the opportunities to go outside can be limited if that's your prerogative. 

All that snow the Eastern seaboard got that week, not a flake here. My twitter weather updates can attest to that!

I'd be cool with Minneapolis.  At least it's not a dead city.  

My Guess is the next 4 cities in some order will be:

Louisville

Kansas City

Tulsa

St. Louis

I could see OKC instead of Tulsa, I could also see Minneapolis instead of Kansas City.  I would be really shocked if Louisville wasn't one of the next 4, but if they are excluded, I believe the next city in would be Atlanta.

My Guess is the next 4 cities in some order will be:

Louisville

Kansas City

Tulsa

St. Louis

I could see OKC instead of Tulsa, I could also see Minneapolis instead of Kansas City.  I would be really shocked if Louisville wasn't one of the next 4, but if they are excluded, I believe the next city in would be Atlanta.

I would be very very surprised if that was the list.   I know a lot will complain, but again Detroit will get a bid. The bid was from the University Of Michigan, Little Caesars arena will be the newest and best arena in America. The NCAA also is pushing for a bigger cut money, supposedly the NCAA hit prospective hosts with new requirements, including pieces of concessions and parking.

Enough with St. Louis! We need a decent rotation of cities. A given city should not be hosting 3 times every 6 years. Once  every 7 to 8 years would be a lot better.  

I would be very very surprised if that was the list.   I know a lot will complain, but again Detroit will get a bid. The bid was from the University Of Michigan, Little Caesars arena will be the newest and best arena in America. The NCAA also is pushing for a bigger cut money, supposedly the NCAA hit prospective hosts with new requirements, including pieces of concessions and parking.

Enough with St. Louis! We need a decent rotation of cities. A given city should not be hosting 3 times every 6 years. Once  every 7 to 8 years would be a lot better.  

I didnt say i liked the list, I just felt like this is what it would be, and that is a complete educated guess, so id be very surprised if it was 100% correct as well.  I agree with having St. Louis sit out a rotation, especially since they cant even host it again until 2022 anyway due to renovations.

I too have heard that Detroit had a very good bid, so i wouldn't be surprised if it were on the list.

I didnt say i liked the list, I just felt like this is what it would be, and that is a complete educated guess, so id be very surprised if it was 100% correct as well.  I agree with having St. Louis sit out a rotation, especially since they cant even host it again until 2022 anyway due to renovations.

I too have heard that Detroit had a very good bid, so i wouldn't be surprised if it were on the list.

Yeah, guessing correctly where the sites will be, is probably impossible. My only guess that maybe correct is Detroit 2020 (since the Frozen Four was reported for 2019). The arena complex will be very impressive for fans and participates. 

Championships to stay the same weekend through 2022 at least http://s200.trackwrestling.com/tw/PortalPost.jsp?postId=370466076

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The article mentions Minneapolis US Bank Stadium, please no, on a football stadium being used for the finals. A 66K sit arena will be an awful idea. Let awful basketball be the only ones to do this.