Sign in to follow this  
silver-medal

Best Incoming True Frosh

I've been blown away by the skill level of Vito Arujau.  His performances at the DD and his dismantling of Chlebove make me think he might prove to be the very best collegiate performer in his class when all is said and done.  Cornell is getting an amazing talent. 

I've been blown away by the skill level of Vito Arujau.  His performances at the DD and his dismantling of Chlebove make me think he might prove to be the very best collegiate performer in his class when all is said and done.  Cornell is getting an amazing talent. 

Did he repeat any grade during his schooling? Did his parents start him late? If they did he's not a true freshman

Cornell getting two super talents. Yianni not no slouch. IMO Yianni wins more titles than anyone in this class. I think Lee is the best of the bunch but his weight class will be stacked (Suriano/Fix)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pish6969

I've been blown away by the skill level of Vito Arujau. His performances at the DD and his dismantling of Chlebove make me think he might prove to be the very best collegiate performer in his class when all is said and done. Cornell is getting an amazing talent.

I think Yianni is better but he will start as a freshman while Vito will take a year to bulk up. Vito definitely has serious upside physically. Also a straight A student and model kid. Can't wait to see him after a year of strength training.

If Yianni jumps right in, he'll have to deal with Zain so he's not sniffing a title this season. Vitali would have to deal with a pretty stacked 141 division but I could see him being in the mix next season. Both are incredible talents but I think both will need a little development before I'm willing to anoint them. On the flipside, I think Lee would have a very good shot at winning 125 next season even though a redshirt is all but a foregone conclusion. 

If Yianni jumps right in, he'll have to deal with Zain so he's not sniffing a title this season. Vitali would have to deal with a pretty stacked 141 division but I could see him being in the mix next season. Both are incredible talents but I think both will need a little development before I'm willing to anoint them..

The word is Yianni wrestling this year at 141. Vito taking greyshirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how much better is Vito considered to be coming out of HS than his older brother was a few years back?

Considerably better....If you ask his brother [Nick], Vito has always been more advanced at similar stages than he ever was.

More importantly, Vito's heart belongs to the sport; Nick liked wrestling, but never seemed to love it.  

It goes back a little while, but I recall Vougar referring to Nick as "his studious son" and Vito as "his wrestling son".  

It goes back a little while, but I recall Vougar referring to Nick as "his studious son" and Vito as "his wrestling son".  

Interesting, since I am pretty sure Nick was a very good student but not at (or very near) the top of his class like I believe Vito is.

I do agree Vito is much more advanced than Nick at the same age. Just watching film of them in HS, there's a big difference.

I hear the youngest one is a badass little rascal himself and has as a goal to trump his father's wrestling achievements.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Nerd,

I think the comment was more about priorities/passion than results....I took it to mean that if both had six spare hours, Nick would spend them in the library; Vito would be in the wrestling room.

It meant more to Nick to excel in the classroom than to be a world champion.

I was that way too as a student....I only had a 90 average, but I worked tirelessly to get there....Other guys barely worked and had 95s because they just naturally had it....But my grades probably brought greater satisfaction because I knew the effort it required to obtain.  

As far as the little man, George is the GOAT !!!  Such a handsome little guy !!!

Edited by Hofman19