Sign in to follow this  
silver-medal

Best Incoming True Frosh

nick cut an absurd amount of weight in college. I was shocked when he told me how big his cut was. he had to avoid dake and nevinger. His dad said he was making a freestyle cut in folkstyle. As a result he did not reach his true potential. He also had a few issues with concussions. He def had the skillset to be an AA. becuase of nicks experience, Vito doesn't cut any weight (maybe a pound or 2) and instead, solely relies on technique and conditioning. This is partially why he is bulking up for a year as he is undersized for college right now if he continues to avoid any real cut. Watching vito and Yianni practice together is something special for sure. 

Heil is looking at more than a fantasy loss if he moves up to 49 this year.  He's looking at a tech fall, the wrong end.

I think all the PSU champs would lose to Snyder if they went up to 285.  By tech fall.

I also think they'd all lose by kidney failure to Cruz at 125.  

And my idiotic statements have as much relevance to this thread as yours.  But for some reason you can't let go of this idea that Dean Heil would lose if he went up.  Not a single person has disagreed with you but you keep repeatedly bringing it up in multiple unrelated threads.

By the way, which of the National Champs this year would have gone up and won?  Cruz, Clark, Retherford, Joseph, Hall, Nickal, all no way.  Nolf a tiny chance.  Cox, a small chance.  

Heil is looking at more than a fantasy loss if he moves up to 49 this year.  He's looking at a tech fall, the wrong end.

The universe put a limit on the number of points allowed to be scored in a Dean Heil match, so I don't think a tech fall is in the cards.  Then again, Zain does have God on his side...

I really like what I see from Arujau.  If I had one pick, I like him.  Granted, he is a kid who has had a very high level of coaching with his Dad as his coach but I think he could make an immediate impact if he was in the lineup.

Edited by pennsyrules

I've been blown away by the skill level of Vito Arujau. His performances at the DD and his dismantling of Chlebove make me think he might prove to be the very best collegiate performer in his class when all is said and done. Cornell is getting an amazing talent.

I wouldn't make too much about him beating a 10th grade 120lber in Chlebove

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I agree that Chlebove was undersized and young.  However, Vito's career in HS has been very impressive.  Although, I see Ghione must have gone pretty well with him.  Before that he was wrecking people.  Still, I like his technique and he's solid in every position.  Always interesting to see what they do on the next level but I just like what I see from him.

Edited by pennsyrules

By the way, which of the National Champs this year would have gone up and won?  Cruz, Clark, Retherford, Joseph, Hall, Nickal, all no way.  Nolf a tiny chance.  Cox, a small chance.  

bo, I am not defending 21guns posting style, but you are not quite on point here.

21guns stated his opinion involves what would happen if Heil moves up a weight class during the offseason, in other words, this coming year, not right before NCAA's. As such, one of the guys on your list did in fact move up one weight class last off season. He came back and he did in fact win the NCAA title one weight class up, and that man is this year's Gorrarian Award winner Bo Nickal.  

In this case guns is probably right. Heil would probably lose big wrestling Retherford. It is just an opinion, though. Lots of guys move up and win the NCAA title, I just don't think Heil would have a prayer of beating Zain. More likely he'd lose badly. 

Edited by TBar1977

bo, I am not defending 21guns posting style, but you are not quite on point here.

21guns stated his opinion involves what would happen if Heil moves up a weight class during the offseason, in other words, this coming year, not right before NCAA's. As such, one of the guys on your list did in fact move up one weight class last off season. He came back and he did in fact win the NCAA title one weight class up, and that man is this year's Gorrarian Award winner Bo Nickal.  

In this case guns is probably right. Heil would probably lose big wrestling Retherford. It is just an opinion, though. Lots of guys move up and win the NCAA title, I just don't think Heil would have a prayer of beating Zain. More likely he'd lose badly. 

Point taken.  Ignore the second half of my post.  Or even assume everyone besides Heil could move up and win the next weight above them next year.  

It is still idiotic to talk trash across multiple unrelated threads about a weight class move that has no basis in reality.  Heil was a 133 his RS year.  He makes 141 without any trouble.  He is not big for the weight class.  There is no reason to dwell on how he would lose to the likely Hodge winner who is a weight class bigger than him.  Nobody is arguing he would lose.  Let it go.  

Edited by boconnell

Allow me to add, It is possible that Bo Nickal might move up to 197 this year, with Mouse McCutcheon back down to his natural weight at 184.  This would be bad news for Kollin Moore.

I agree.  I think Moore has excellent volume attacks but lots of sloppiness still.  I think Nickal would give up TDs in that match but would find tons of opportunities to score and would win comfortably, quite possibly by fall.

I think clean finishes or big move counter wrestling is the way to beat Nickal, and Moore seems the opposite of this.

Allow me to add, It is possible that Bo Nickal might move up to 197 this year, with Mouse McCutcheon back down to his natural weight at 184.  This would be bad news for Kollin Moore.

Is Nickal to 197 based on actual things that have been said or pure speculation?

It's hard to judge how good Moore will be next year given the insane learning curve that he has been on for the past 12 months.  I would absolutely favor Nickal, but another year in the room with Snyder, Tervel, and Martin will only help close the gap.  

It's hard to judge how good Moore will be next year given the insane learning curve that he has been on for the past 12 months.  I would absolutely favor Nickal, but another year in the room with Snyder, Tervel, and Martin will only help close the gap.  

I agree.  I wouldn't be shocked to see Moore add whole new aspects to his game by next year.  Nickal is also far from a finished product and has room to grow.  I was just going off a matchup from who they were this year.

Edited by boconnell

Point taken.  Ignore the second half of my post.  Or even assume everyone besides Heil could move up and win the next weight above them next year.  

It is still idiotic to talk trash across multiple unrelated threads about a weight class move that has no basis in reality.  Heil was a 133 his RS year.  He makes 141 without any trouble.  He is not big for the weight class.  There is no reason to dwell on how he would lose to the likely Hodge winner who is a weight class bigger than him.  Nobody is arguing he would lose.  Let it go.  

plus the FACT that Heil destroys Collica daily, while Retherford-Collica was pretty close.  Would be an interesting All-Star match.

Darmstadt could change that.

Ben is going to be very, very tough to beat and should be on everyone's radar.

Between Mitch Clark, Damion Hahn, and Kyle Dake; he will continue to improve in all three positions over the next four years.

Would think he will continue to get stronger after starting HS 120, 152, 182, 195 and 197 this year as national champ at NCO.

Edited by KSchlosser

Moore will be guy to beat at 197 the next 3 years regardless of who decides to venture up into his weight class.  

False.  If Nickal moves up, Moore starts the season at #2.  

And Nickal handles him easily in the dual meet.

plus the FACT that Heil destroys Collica daily, while Retherford-Collica was pretty close.  Would be an interesting All-Star match.

Comical, like the rest of your crap.  Notice how you don't take this garbage over to our board, lmao.  I'll be happy to cut and paste it though, for our board to see how you REALLY are.

Retherford would tech fall Heil, and anyone saying different knows jack about the sport.