Sign in to follow this  
usskc

who wins rematch McD v Delgado?

I think Delgado will win at B10s if they wrestle, but at NCAA's I wont bet against Steel

Steel made here in Iowa where they will wrestle would probably agree with you. As well as the fact that B1G is in Champaign so Delgado will have some support.

What were Illinois attendance for these last two duals Iowa and Penn State?

I think Delgado will win at B10s if they wrestle, but at NCAA's I wont bet against Steel

Steel made here in Iowa where they will wrestle would probably agree with you. As well as the fact that B1G is in Champaign so Delgado will have some support.

What were Illinois attendance for these last two duals Iowa and Penn State?

Didn't even realize the locations when I posted that...subliminally I was playing it safe I supposed. It looks like Illi vs PSU was 1,500 and I cant find Illi vs Iowa attendance yet.

McDonough looked worse than he did his RS freshman year. Of course he was great as a RS freshman, but one wouldn't expect this out of a senior. He just looked like crap. If he's rehydrated I think he makes a much better match, but still not sure if he wins. Delgado looked great, and seems to be McDonough's kryptonite.

McDonough looked worse than he did his RS freshman year. Of course he was great as a RS freshman, but one wouldn't expect this out of a senior. He just looked like crap. If he's rehydrated I think he makes a much better match, but still not sure if he wins. Delgado looked great, and seems to be McDonough's kryptonite.

It has to do with the weight he is cutting. Trying to hold 125 4yrs straight not many with his build can do that or attempt to do that. He probably knows that by the 3rd period he doesn't have much left in the tank, that is what happens when you cut hard. He doesn't look like the same wrestler as before but his strategy has changed since last season. We as fans don't know what is going on behind closed doors. Kudos to him for making the sacrifice for the team to compete there all season .

If McD loses it will probably be in the quarterfinals when he hasn't had the chance to eat and rehydrate. By the semis he'll be back to feeling okay. By the finals he'll weigh 145-150. I don't see him losing if he makes it past the quarters.

Rumor has it that JD was suffering from a stuffed nose which negated McD's "science expeeiment headgear" advantage. :D

So, I might be mistaken, but didn't Clark major (or nearly major) Delgado a couple of months ago? Not to take anything away from Ballweg, but it really is too bad Matt didn't opt for a JO/Dake style senior year and bump up to 141 with Clark or Gilman slotted in at 125. Would love to have seen McD compete this season without the ultra-suckdown.

If McD loses it will probably be in the quarterfinals when he hasn't had the chance to eat and rehydrate. By the semis he'll be back to feeling okay. By the finals he'll weigh 145-150. I don't see him losing if he makes it past the quarters.

True. Friday morning is tough on the 125-133 weight cutters. It will be a matter of who the 7/8/9 seeds are, assuming McD gets a #1 or #2 seed in the NCAA tourney.

True. Friday morning is tough on the 125-133 weight cutters. It will be a matter of who the 7/8/9 seeds are, assuming McD gets a #1 or #2 seed in the NCAA tourney.

LOL,so the rest of the classes aren't cutting weight?? Please stop most of these guys are cutting the same amount of weight.The difference is who does it the best and handles it better.

LOL,so the rest of the classes aren't cutting weight?? Please stop most of these guys are cutting the same amount of weight.The difference is who does it the best and handles it better.

It's not how much weight you cut; it's the percentage of the cut to the wrestlers weight. A 184 pounder can safely cut far more weight than a 125 wrestler.

Whitefish, I thought all that was obvious, which is why I did not put it in my post. I know what it's like to cut a lot of weight and the physical/mental toll it takes on a wrestler throughout the season. I was just making a comment.

All of that aside, I think Delgado gives McDonough trouble, no matter what situation. He's just "that guy" that matches up very well with him.

I still think McDonough beats him if he has plenty of time to recover from weigh-ins. At the big show McDonough will be most likely to be upset in the quarterfinals, as has been mentioned in this thread. So Delgado will not catch him right after weigh-ins at NCAA's. B1G tournament....He might, depending on seeds. But at NCAA's, if they meet, McDonough will win a close one, on his way to his third NCAA title.

He is going to put on 25 pounds in half of a day?