SetonHallPirate

Boise State to drop wrestling

Wisconsin is the only Big Ten school that doesn't have the baseball team. But Big Ten schools has been the front runner with most sports than other conference. tOSU had 37 sports.

Isn't the Ivy League been the leader in this category?

Illinois won't drop wrestling. Pretty sure it's in the Big 10 charter they have to participate in all B10 sports to maintain their membership.

There is no such rule.

This is the rumor that refuses to die no matter how many times it is refuted.

Or quoted on record by Big Ten officials. I know I've written it in WIN and AWN and InterMat and TheMat no fewer than in 10 different stories involving Big Ten expansion.

And here I was thinking the Big10 revolved around collegiate wrestling. I'm crushed.

It would be nice if this website and others such as Flo, Intermat, Takedown, (and I am sure there are other that I'm not aware of), that would do an article and feature the link of the petition so more signatures can be added.

It would be nice if this website and others such as Flo, Intermat, Takedown, (and I am sure there are other that I'm not aware of), that would do an article and feature the link of the petition so more signatures can be added.

This!!

mspart

Blue + Orange

Florida Dropped wrestling, pretty disgusting, but not as much so as Alabama (or later Notre Dame and UNO)

Auburn - Dropped program, but I was a lot less pissed at them than Florida

Syracuse Dropped program. Certainly could have been saved if there Wrestling Alumni cared.

Bucknell - Dropped program, but saved because wrestling Alumni cared

Boise State?????

Illinois are they next?

Any others in D1?

Remember BYU? Dropped it because the head master did not like individual men's sports. Cut both Wrestling and Men's Gymnastics. Blamed Title IX but reality is that the guys is a chicken shiz ass who prefers team sports. Worst was the AD, Rondo Fehlburg who is a former BYU Wrester and All American for the school who was forced to make the cut. He should have said NO and resigned.

When the BSU Football Coach went to the UW in Seattle, one of the first comments he made to the Washington athletes and student body and the UW Management team,  was how he admired the Wrestling at BSU as they we always working !!! Running, pushing weights, etc.. He went on to say, they were the most dedicated and hard working athletes of all of the sports. He wished his Football players worked as hard.

Bummer they dropped another program in the PNW.

Our High School kids now, never see College wrestling live.

Illinois won't drop wrestling. Pretty sure it's in the Big 10 charter they have to participate in all B10 sports to maintain their membership.

They don't participate in all big ten sports.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Remember BYU? Dropped it because the head master did not like individual men's sports. Cut both Wrestling and Men's Gymnastics. Blamed Title IX but reality is that the guys is a chicken shiz ass who prefers team sports. Worst was the AD, Rondo Fehlburg who is a former BYU Wrester and All American for the school who was forced to make the cut. He should have said NO and resigned.

I remember BYU as always having school Colors Blue and White.

My post was a joking response to a joking post that BSU "lost" there program to style of uniform and school colors.. - Of more importance is that Idaho is the second most Mormon state. the "new" school in the two states, UVU, started a program, but the 7 more established schools, BYU, Utah, Utah St, Weber St, BYU, Idaho, Idaho St, and (Hopefully Not) BSU have dropped. This despite Wrestling apparently  being a sport important to Mormons. Even South Park acknowledged so.

Edited by RichB

Boise St. AD had a check since last fall from a donor for $25,000 for new Mats that he has still not cashed nor got new Mats for last season..

Additionally, this donor put down $70,000 to renovate the wrestling facility. Sounds like the team has support.

Some shady shizit happening here..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is true the President should be made aware, and the way he informed the team/coach-totally unprofessional. He's the one that needs to go.

He did resign dip****..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, he didn't. Episode was centered on Stan and his family, and the Mormon family.

http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/All_About_Mormons. 

That link isn't working but what you described was also in the episode W.T.F. (Wrestling Takedown Federation for you gutter mindeds) and Kenny did die when Coach Connors fired the rocket launcher at them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W.T.F._(South_Park)

Edited by gimpeltf

That link isn't working but what you described was also in the episode W.T.F. (Wrestling Takedown Federation for you gutter mindeds) and Kenny did die when Coach Connors fired the rocket launcher at them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W.T.F._(South_Park)

Click on my link, then click on one of the links below that looks to be the exact same link and it describes the episode in the article(you explain the difference between the two links. I can't see it)

Anyway. very different  episode. Gary, the Mormon boy Stan befriends is introduced to the class by Mr Garrison as someone who has actually accomplished something by having won youth state wrestling and tennis championships in Utah. Really, no other mention of wrestling in the episode. It is about the conflict between the wholesome family values of the Harrisons (Gary's Family) and the incredible leap of faith to believe.

No mention of Lehi and his family either 

I doubt Kenny has died five times in the last ten years.

I just noticed Asa Packer and Joseph Smith were born 6 days apart.

Edited by RichB

Look at the linguistic gymnastics employed here. He could have said, "We posted a story based on bad information." Instead, we get him arguing that students trying to pause the cancellation is the same as the cancellation actually being paused.

yvSXlVI.png

FloPolitics: China Puts Military On Pause As Leader Faces Pressure From Students

June 4, 1989

Beijing, China -- Under pressure from the student's in the square, Chinese administrators have agreed to request that Deng Xiaoping suspend his decision to call the military in to Tiananmen Square pending further review.

FloPolitics has learned from sources present at the Square on Monday that the government's process to stop protests has been put on pause (see picture below). A statement on the matter is expected from Deng Xiaoping by the end of Monday, June 12.

bp1.jpg

Update (June 6): It has been brought to our attention at FloPolitics that there was a minor detail, semantics really, with our reporting.

Did Flo call the BSU administration to confirm their reporting that the decision had been paused? Pretty textbook example of poor reporting if not.  

Anyone who understands English knows the difference between reporting that the decision had been paused and that the students have requested that it be paused.  There is a clear difference in meaning there, and flo reported the former.  If that reporting is untrue, they should issue a correction ASAP. 

Edited by Billyhoyle